Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17, 2013 … “Testing, Testing, Testing!”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 321

Devotional Song: Go to this link   – Please take your time to see a video of a poignant song performed by the group, Selah, Press On, reminding us how we, as Christians, must GO continue to press on in spite of the testing our lives present for us. … and then to this link  again for Steve Green’s powerful song, Find Us Faithful, calling on our lives to be faithful no matter what our lives confront in the way of testing, trials, or troubles.
=============


Highlight Passage: Matthew 25: 21… [Jesus set about to do His Father’s business.] … [NKJV] 21 “ … His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ …” 
============
Highlight Passage: Matthew 25: 14-30… GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT] … 
============

Reference Passage #1: John 16: 33 [NLT] … [Yes, life is a test of our willingness to become overcomers.]  
33 “… In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Reference Passage #2: James1: 2-4 [NLT] … [Yes, we can even choose to express joy in the face of trails or testing.] 
 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

My Journal for Today: If you view the photo attached of the auto testing which is done with dummies, we know that doing such tests is necessary for the auto industry to assure its customers that the autos they produce are safe. But when I see a photo like this and then think about my life, I realize that I’m the dummy in the testing of this life which God allows me to go through so that He can be assured that I’m the real-deal when it comes to my Christianity.

 And when you hear the two songs to which I’ve linked my readers today, … two which I’ve used in the past in my journaling, we hear that we’re to “press on” and be “faithful,” no matter what the testing we face in life.

Yes, my friend, as Os Hillman points us today, one of Jesus’ most challenging parables is found in Matthew 25: 14-30, the so-called “Parable of the Talents,” in which we see that we are going to be tried in this life; and the trials will test our faithfulness as declared believers in our Lord and Savior. The question is … WILL WE PASS THE TESTS and be declared faithful by our Lord?

I think of all the product testing done by various companies, like the auto-safety testing referred to above; and we know it’s absolutely necessary to insure that the products being tested are either safe or meet the standards the manufacturer is trying to uphold in marketing whatever product which is being tested.

So, I ask myself today, am I worthy of being labeled as “A CHRISTIAN” in this world; and one day when I’m standing before my Savior in heaven, will He say, “Well done, good and faithful servant,” as He declared in the highlight parable quoted above.

Oh, how I pray today that will be so.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, whatever the trials You take me through, may I be faithful and worthy of Your Name. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: