Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 28, 2013 … Signs and Wonders … Yes, TODAY!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 332

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of a powerful song, performed by the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean, … Your Grace Still Amazes Me, which reminds all believers that God’s grace will work signs and wonders in our world and lives just as God did among all those stories of faith in the Bible. … And then on to this link  to hear Brian Doekersen sing Creation Calls, powerfully telling of how God’s creation is enough of a miracle to declare God’s existence.
=============


Highlight Passage - NLT: Acts 15:12 …  
12 Everyone listened quietly as Barnabas and Paul told about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 
============
Highlight Passage: Acts, Chapter 15, Verses 1-21… GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT] 
============

Reference Passage #1: Psalms 19: 1 … … [NLT]  
1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.

Reference Passage #2: Romans 1: 20 … … [NLT]  
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities — His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 

My Journal for Today: When one reads/studies the Bible, with all the wondrous miracles occurring which showed God’s power and might, it’s pretty easy to lose perspective of the same God working His signs and wonders today. Os Hillman, in his devotional entry today tells of how in his days as a Pastor, he observed an incredible sign of God’s power through a personal encounter with a TV evangelist. It led him, as a Pastor, to begin preaching about God being able to work wonders in the lives of his flock. However, his liberal denomination, not believing that his preaching was consistent with their more liberal views of Scripture, had Hillman defrocked as a Pastor. So, Os Hillman went into business and discovered that God’s grace could work through him in wondrous and miraculous ways in the workplace, which led to the “Workplace Ministries,” which he now leads and from which he writes the devotional I study daily.

For yours truly, my walk into ministry happened in the other direction. I was in the workplace; and having been saved by God’s grace working miraculously in my life, I began sharing my story of my deliverance from atheism and a life of addictive sexual sin; and some, who heard my story, asked me how God transformed my life; and when I shared that miracle, I noticed that their lives began to change and become more fruitful as Christians as they applied some of the action steps of my transformation story. And it was God’s amazing grace, unfolding in lives touched by my testimony, that became God’s calling for me to “retire” from the workplace and go into the ministry.

What about you, my friend? Do you have trouble seeing God’s grace and His signs and wonders working in your life and in the world around you? Take a look at the photo I’ve used to illustrate my blog today. Have you forgotten that you are one of God’s miracles? Perhaps you need to look around you at creation, as Brian Doerksen sings in the latter song link I’ve provided above. Yes, and as Phillips, Craig, and Dean sing in the first song link above, God’s grace most certainly amazes me; and I, for one, don’t have to look very far to see His signs and wonders unfolding in nature, my own life, or in the lives of those God’s sends to our ministry.

Perhaps, on this Thanksgiving Day here in the USA, you’re a bit greedy like me, involving God’s grace, and you just want to see MORE of it today. Let me pray for all of us that we take time and vigilance to look around and see God’s glory and His wondrous grace unfolding for all to see today and in the days His grace gives for us in our future.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, show off a little today; and let me see more of your grace on this Thanksgiving day where it’s so easy to see how much I’m thankful for all of Your grace I can see unfolding in my own life. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: