Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22, 2013 … I surrender!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 326

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of a telling song performed by Cece Wynans, I Surrender All, reminding us how we, as Christians, must give it all to Jesus to have Him as our Savior and Lord.
=============


Highlight Passage - NLT: Matthew 10: 39…  

39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for Me, you will find it.
============
Highlight Passage: Matthew, Chapter 10… GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT]
============

Reference Passage #1: Galatians 2: 20 … [Dying to self is at the heart of Christ being able to give us His free grace of salvation.] … [NLT]  
20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for Me. 

Reference Passage #2: Luke 18: 18-30 … [NLT] … GO TO THIS LINK ... [Yes, EVERYTHING!]

My Journal for Today: … “I have to do what?!!”

Though I’ve modernized the words a bit, that was the paraphrased emotional reply of the rich young ruler we read about in Luke 18: 18-30, linked for your study above (also found in Matthew 19 and Mark 10). Yes, when the young man asked Jesus what it takes to be saved, … The Messiah told the man he had to surrender all his wealth to follow Jesus. It was just too much for him; and he turned and walked away.

I’m afraid that’s the response of many to the demands of the Gospel in our culture today. We’ve become a culture of controllers; and “surrender” has become a rejected concept, … if not a dirty word. And even Christians, who’ve truly been born-again, often move out of fellowship in their worship and witness of Christ because they slip back into an unwillingness to be able to “surrender all” as Cece Wynans sings in her powerful rendition of that old hymn (also linked above for your meditation).

For us to have any power as Christian witnesses, we have to die to self to live in Christ as expressed by Paul in Galatians 2: 20, … a passage we all need to have memorized and internalized, recognizing that only when we SURRENDER OUR ALL can we capture the grace offered by the Savior to be able to be empowered to fully live as servants of the living God.

So, what about it, fellow Christian? Let’s give it ALL up today and live for Christ!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I surrender ALL to You today; … empower me to live fully for You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: