Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27, 2013 … Staying Connected

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 331

 Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of a powerful song, performed by an unknown soloist, … Surely The Presence of the Lord Is In This Place, a quiet reminder of those times when we have a quiet time each morning, staying connected to the God of the Universe.
=============


Highlight Passage - NLT: Psalms 143: 8 …  
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
============
 Highlight Passage: Psalms, Chapter 143… GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT] 
============

Reference Passage #2: Psalm 119 … GO TO THIS LINK … [NLT]

My Journal for Today: Here I sit in this quiet place in the home of our daughter in Montana; and God has given me this wonderful/powerful tool, … my laptop, to be connected with my Lord, … the God of the Universe. Just how cool is that?

With my laptop, I can call up, with a couple of clicks, the power of God’s word in several different translations to study a point of personal insight; and I can call on an insightful Bible teacher, like Os Hillman this morning, or any morning, to bring out some issue which can help me to get to know my God more deeply today than yesterday. And then I know, by coming to a similar quiet place tomorrow with this tool, I can know my God more deeply tomorrow than I know Him today. Now, I repeat … HOW COOL IS THAT?!!

But even if I didn’t have my laptop each morning to help me know my God more intimately, I know that I have God’s word and I know I can find some time in the mornings – my health and wellness considered – to stay connected to my God through His word. David, the shepherd boy who became King, knew this too; and we read in his soulful song, Psalm 143, verse 8, that he stayed connected with His Lord in the mornings by going to God’s word and reflecting on its truth. The author of Psalm 119 also used God’s word as the light for his path in life (see Ps 119: 105).

So, when I take this powerful tool – my laptop – and I get alone with my God, as I am doing this morning, the lyrics to the poignant song to which I’ve linked any reader here above come alive, because most surely I feel the Lord’s presence in this place; and I know I’m connected with Him through His word which His Spirit authored to be a light unto my path.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, thank You for being here with me this morning and every morning in/through Your word. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: