Saturday, November 10, 2018

November 10, 2018 … Always With Us

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 313 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and song from three friends, Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing … I Will Follow Christ … poignantly and powerfully singing of how we, as Christians, must surrender our will to God’s with His promise to be with us “… no matter what the sacrifice.”


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Exodus 3:11-12 [NKJV] … 11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?” 12 So He said, “I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.” 
… Moses need not worry, because of God’s promise to be with him.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Exodus 3:7-12 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God promises Moses to be with him as Moses was so anxious about being chosen as God’s deliverer.
=============

Reference Passage : … Joshua 1:5-6 [NKJV] … 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 
 … As the Lord was with Moses, God promises Joshua of His presence/power as Joshua is charged by God to take the people into the promised land.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:19-20 [NKJV] … 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. 
 … Jesus’ GREAT COMMISSION, … along with His promise to be with us in carrying out His charge of discipleship.
Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NKJV] … 5 … For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” 
… God’s promise of His presence/power to all of us when we feel anxious about His will or purpose for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lawrence Darmani, uses a personal story of learning of God’s promise of His presence/power in our lives. The ODB author writes … The anxious father and his teenage son sat before the psychic. “How far is your son traveling?” the psychic asked. “To the big city,” the man replied, “and he will be gone for a long time.” Handing the father a talisman (a kind of good-luck charm), he said, “This will protect him wherever he goes.” 
I was that boy. However, that psychic and that talisman could do nothing for me. While in that city, I put my faith in Jesus. I threw away the talisman and clung to Christ. Having Jesus in my life guaranteed God’s presence. 

Many times in life, as with Moses and Joshua, we will be called to move ahead in life where the circumstances are filled with anxiety and where we feel inadequate to the charge we face in life. But when we take in today’s song and Scriptures, we can move ahead to follow Christ because of God’s promise to ALWAYS be with us!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for ALWAYS being there for us.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here realize the power of Your promised presence and we will follow You no matter what lies ahead. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: