Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 11, 2018 … Hope Defeats Fear

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 314 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Zach Williams singing … Fear Is A Liar … poignantly and powerfully singing of how we, as Christians, must overcome any fears we have by the hope we have in Christ.

Isaiah 41:10: Fear Defeated!!

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Philippians 1:21 [NKJV] … 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
… Paul’s confident hope in Christ meant absolutely no fear of death.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Philippians 1:19-26 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Paul so looked forward to being with Christ in Heaven; but knew that his remaining time on earth was fruitfulness in his calling to share the Gospel.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 10  Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; … yes, I will help you, … I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ [See photo] 
… God, thru His Prophet, Isaiah, promises to overcome any fears we have and lift us up when we’re feeling weak.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:19-20 [NKJV] … 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. 
 … Jesus’ GREAT COMMISSION is my charge in life; and I know that my service to that commission will honor my Lord while I live so that He will be glorified when I see Him in heaven.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:38-39 [NKJV] … 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
… Since nothing can separate us from God’s love - not even death - our hope in Him should eliminate all fears.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NKJV] … 5 … For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” 
… God’s promise of His presence/power to all of us when we feel anxious about His will or purpose for us, knowing that even death will not separate us from His love/grace.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Randy Kilgore, used an historical story to illustrate the confidence and hope we have in Christ while still serving Him in life and awaiting our eternal home with Him in heaven. The ODB author writes … Dr. William Wallace was serving as a missionary surgeon in Wuzhou, China, in the 1940s when Japan attacked China. Wallace, who was in charge of Stout Memorial Hospital at the time, ordered the hospital to load his equipment on barges and continue to function as a hospital while floating up and down rivers to avoid infantry attacks.  
During dangerous times, Philippians 1:21—one of Wallace’s favorite verses—reminded him that if he lived, he had work to do for the Savior; but if he died, he had the promise of eternity with Christ. The verse took on special meaning when he died while falsely imprisoned in 1951. 

The Apostle Paul knew that his life purpose meant fulfilling Christ’s call on his life (see Matt. 28:19-20 and the highlight passage). However, … he also knew that NOTHING - not even death - could separate him from God’s love/grace [see Romans 8:38-39]. Therefore, Paul - and really all Christians - need not be deterred in this life by fear (see linked song), because one day we’ll share God’s eternal love in heaven.

So, let us realize, as the song declares, that “fear is a liar,” and go forth boldly to serve our Lord in this life to prepare us for the eternal joy of joining King Jesus to serve Him in heaven. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for ALWAYS being there for and with us as we serve You in the life You’ve given us.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, we have no fear to serve You today - and even more boldly tomorrow! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: