Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018 … On My Knees

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 324 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Twila Paris and Dennis Jernigan singing his song … On My Knees … poignantly singing our need to be on our knees when we’re overwhelmed with life and to ask others to pray for us as well.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Corinthians 1:10-11 [NLT] … 10 And He [God] did rescue us from mortal danger, and He will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us. 11 And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety. 
… Paul declares the benefits he had received from the prayers of his fellow Christians in Corinth. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… Paul thanking fellow Christians for praying for his mission work.
=============

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:-6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to surrender out needs in prayer to overcome the stresses and worries of life.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:26-28 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We should have confidence that God’s Spirit prays with us/for us even when we don’t know what to pray; and just coming to God’s throne of grace activates the Spirit’s prayers.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, used a personal story about challenges she encountered and how the prayers of others messengers of God’s love and care for her. The ODB author writes … A big academic project was weighing on me, and I was fretting over whether I could complete it by the deadline. In the midst of my anxious thoughts, I received three notes of encouragement from friends who were cheering me on. Each one said, “God brought you to mind today when I was praying.” I felt humbled and encouraged that these friends would contact me without knowing what I was going through, and I believed God had used them as His messengers of love. 

I think - from personal experience - that we all too often don’t take advantage of the power of God’s Spirit working thru the prayers of others because we’re too prideful to even ask for prayer. Common, admit it, dear one, … or am I the only one who has felt too embarrassed or self-absorbed to ask my brothers/sisters in Christ to pray for me when I was overwhelmed by life’s circumstances.

And what does God’s word - which is truth - promise about the power of prayer. Well, the Apostle Paul thanked other Christians for their prayers when he was challenged (see highlight passage), didn’t he? … Why? … Because he knew - and believed - that the prayers of others would activate the omniscient prayers of the Holy Spirit, Who will always bring our plight before God’s throne of grace (see Phil 4:6-7 and Rom 8:26-28).

But do we believe that? Well, that would be measured by our willingness to be on our knees [as in the linked song] or by our humility to ask others to go to their knees for us. And as we all meditate on this, what prayer need can we bring our fellow Christians, humbly asking for their prayers. And how can we be in prayer for them?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for ALWAYS being my prayer Partner.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here are on our knees for others and willing to ask them to pray for us. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: