Monday, November 12, 2018

November 12, 2018 … Who’s At The Wheel?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 315 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Brian Littrell singing … I Surrender All … poignantly and powerfully singing of how we, as Christians, must surrender ALL of our being to follow our Lord in life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 6:13-14 [NKJV] … 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. 
… We must surrender our flesh to the Holy Spirit to allow Him to reign and rule in our lives. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 6:1-14 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Paul so looked forward to being with Christ in Heaven; but knew that his remaining time on earth was fruitfulness in his calling to share the Gospel.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Trusting in God to take control and lead us forward in life is the only strategy to defeat our sin nature, which will always want to misdirect us.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah26:3 [NKJV] … 3  You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 
… The only way we can find God’s peace for our lives to to focus on and follow the Lord’s lead in life.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 5:18-25 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… As Christians we can choose the route we take in life … in surrender to the flesh or partaking of the fruit of the Spirit by totally surrendering and following Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Randy Kilgore, used an historical story to illustrate the confidence and hope we have in Christ while still serving Him in life and awaiting our eternal home with Him in heaven. The ODB author writes … My neighbor Tim has a figurine on his dashboard of a “wild thing” based on Maurice Sendak’s beloved children’s book Where the Wild Things Are [see photo]
Not long ago Tim was following me through traffic and made some abrupt moves to keep up. When we arrived, I asked, “Was that the ‘wild thing’ driving?” 
The following Sunday I forgot my sermon notes at home. I “flew” out of the church to retrieve them, passing Tim along the way. When we met later, he joked, “Was that the wild thing driving?” We laughed, but his point hit home—I should have paid attention to the speed limit. 

This morning’s ODB entry reminded me of a truth from God’s word (see Scriptures above) … that the only way we can find God’s way, in following His will, is to surrender to and trust in God’s Spirit to lead us in life. It’s the only way that we can receive God’s enabling/empowering grace to defeat the “wild thing,” … our sin nature, … which will always try to lead us in the wrong directions in life.

So, if we desire to experience the outcome of walking in the Spirit, I pray that we’re all in surrender mode today to focus on His way in life, trusting completely and being in total surrender to His way by following His word.

That’s why I’m here today, as I am everyday, seeking His peace and His purpose by seeing my life more clearly by filtering my choices thru His word. And I pray the same for you, dear one! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for helping me to defeat the “wild thing,” which is my nature, by focusing on and following only You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, we are in total surrender to You, Holy Spirit, so that Your light of truth will show us Your way in life. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: