Friday, November 13, 2020

Nov 13, 2020 … God’s Word Forever

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 318 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing Stuart Townsend’s song  Speak, O Lord … poignantly singing of how God’s word shapes us into Godly Christian disciples.  


God's word is power ... FOREVER !!! 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Isiah 55:11 [ESV] ... 

11  … so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

  God’s word will never fail when it goes for for HIS purposes.    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 55:10-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Isaiah declares the eternal power and purpose of God’s word. 

==============      


Reference Passage: …  John 5:24  [ESV] … 

24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. 

  Jesus declares the power of His (i.e., God’s) word to save … 


Reference Passage: …  2Timothy 3:16-17  [ESV] … </b>

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.  

  Paul declares that God’s word is complete, giving the Christian everything we need for every good work.


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:12  [ESV] … 

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 

  God declares in Hebrews just how powerful God’s word is to shape the thoughts of our hearts. 


Reference Passage: …  1Peter 1:23-25 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Peter quotes from Isaiah 40:8 [see photo] about the eternal power of God’s word to save.  

      

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK writes about a Bible Translator was saved from detention because of a government official reading a passage of the Bible she was carrying.  


And I totally identify with how powerful God’s word is; … because God used one verse - ”Phil. 4:13” [too long a story to relate here] - to bring me from being an angry atheist to my place in life today where I’m an ordained minister of the Gospel.  


And I pray that all reading here, having heard the linked song and meditated on the scriptures and photo above so that we can feed, as do I, on God’s word daily; and so that we can grow in faith and rely on the power of God’s truth to sustain us in these troubled, … viral … times.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me your sustaining power as I feed on Your truth here daily.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me to feed and be filled on Your power, Lord, … from Your word … as You empower us with Your sustaining grace.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: