Thursday, November 19, 2020

Nov 19, 2020 … Dying To Save Others

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 324 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steve Green singing … People Need the Lord … poignantly singing of how we need to share Christ with anyone and everyone we feel is lost so that as many a possible might be saved. 


So many who need saving ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  John 10:14-15  [ESV] ... 

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

  Jesus proclaims His mission to die that His “sheep” might live.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  John 10:7-18 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus relates who He was and why He came as our Good Shepherd to save His “sheep.”

==============      


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 53:4-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  God, thru Isaiah, prophesies that a Messiah would die that we, His sheep, might live. 


Reference Passage: …  John 3:16-17 …  [ESV] … 

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. …” 

  God, the Father, gave up His Son to save the world. 


Reference Passage< …  John 14:6 …  [ESV] … </b>

Jesus said … , “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.…” </i> 

  Jesus declares to HIs disciples (and to us) that HE is the only way to come to The Father. 


Reference Passage: …  Philippians 2:6-8 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Paul declares to Christians that our Lord set aside His glory and became a man to die on a cross to save mankind.     


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Estera Pirosca Escobar AT THIS LINK tells of one John Harper, realizing that the Titanic would sink <b>(see photo)</b>, did all he could, making sure as many as possible had life vests, and even dying in the tragic sinking to save others.   


And, of course, that story is a 20th century reflection of what Jesus did, as our Messianic Good Shepherd, … being willing to set aside His glory and even His life to become the God-Man … in order to die on a cross to save all who would believe on Him.   And being willing to share that truth, by living as John Harper died on the Titanic, … sharing the truths in the Scriptures above, is all we can - and should - do to help others find the saving grace of our Lord


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for dying that I [we] might live forever. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me to be modern day John Harpers, doing all we can to help others be saved, … maybe even today in a world that is sinking like the Titanic.   … Amen


=====================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: