Friday, November 27, 2020

Nov 27, 2020 … Strength for Battle

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 332 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, glean Strength from God when we feel too weak to do battle in life. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  1Chronicles 16:11 [ESV] ... 

11  Seek the Lord and His strength; … seek His presence continually!  

  King David and God’s people sing thanks to the Lord for His strength … 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  1Chronicles 16:1-11  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David brought the Ark of the Covenant into Jerusalem because he knew that the God’s power was needed for God’s people to face the battles which lied ahead for them. 

==============        


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 …  [ESV] … 

10 …  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

  God’s promise to His people, thru Isaiah, to lift them up when they need the Lord’s strength. 


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 [ESV] … 

33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” …   

  Jesus helping His disciples to rely on Him and His Spirit as they would face life ahead. 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 10:13…  [ESV] … 

13 No temptation  [or “trial”] has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted [or “tried”] beyond your ability, but with the temptation [or “trial”] He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 

… God, thru Paul, promises to be with us … ALWAYS … when we face the battles of life. 


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9    [ESV] … 

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

… Jesus promised Paul (and us!) that His power would be available to any/all of us in the face of our weakness. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan Voysey, AT THIS LINK writes of realizing all the battles he and his friends were facing in life, … realizing how much they needed God’s strength.  And the author then referred to the battles King David and God’s people were to face ahead and how they sang praises to God (see highlight passage), seeking His strength.    


And now, in these viral and social battles we all face these days, I think we Christians recognize our weaknesses to face life without relying on God’s strength.  But, my friend, His strength is ours when we need it, … isn’t it?  That’s what the verses above promise, … don’t they?  The question is … do we believe God’s word and will we rely on God’s strength … as Steven Curtis Chapman sings … when our strength is gone? 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for Your strength today when I need it to do battle!  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me to pray for and receive Your strength, Lord, when our strength is gone.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: