Sunday, September 25, 2022

September 25, 2022 … No Turning Back!! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 268 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lydia Walker singing … I Have Decided To Follow Jesus … poignantly singing of how we must make the chalice to surrender out lives and follow Jesus. 



==============        

Highlight Passage: … Mark 9:35 [ESV] …  

35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.  

… Jesus shows His followers the critical nature of making the choice to deny ourselves and to follow Him.                               


Highlight Passage (Context): …  Mark 8:34-38 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus clearly declares to His followers and inner disciples that they (we) must make the choice to follow Him and deny ourselves.                                                                                         ===============                                                                     .                  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… To follow God’s lead in life, one must trust Him wholeheartedly.      


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23 [NLT] …  

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me … “ 

… Luke’s version of Jesus showing His followers what it takes to follow Him.  .  


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] …  

 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

… Jesus declares that following Him is the ONLY way to heaven.  


Reference Passage: …  1Corinthians 11:1-2 [ESV] …  

And you should imitate me, … just as I imitate Christ.  I am so glad that you always keep me in your thoughts, and that you are following the teachings I passed on to you.  

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to follow Christ just as he has done and taught them (us).   


Reference Passage: …  1Peter 2:21 [ESV] …  

21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in His steps.

… Peter shows that following Jesus is the ONLY way to go in life, … even if it means that we must suffer for His glory.   

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg … AT THIS LINK  tells of how Chris Ferguson, the head of a NASA flight crew, scheduled to go to the Space Station, made the critical, but very personal decision, to bypass a mission to be able to be present at his daughter’s wedding.         


Sometimes critical decisions in life will require personal sacrifice, won’t they?  And there’s no more crucial - and eternally important - decision we will make in this life that whether we surrender our self to follow our Savior as he calls us to do (see Scriptures above).  


And oh how I’m stopping to pray … RIGHT NOW … that all who read with me here have made the decision Lydia Walker sings about in the linked song … to deny our selves and to follow Jesus as He is the only One Who can lead us to our eternal home.   Yes, … no turning back … no turning back!!                 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me and showing me the way to follow You.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to follow You, Lord; … no turning back, … no turning back!   .… Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: