Monday, September 26, 2022

September 26, 2022 … Rise Up! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 269 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Cain singing … Rise Up … powerfully singing of one being raised from death to life thru faith in Jesus. 


Up from the grave like Lazarus ... 

==============        

Highlight Passage: … John 11:42 [ESV] …  

42 You always hear me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe you sent me.”  

… Jesus prays to His Heavenly Father for those to see God’s power over death.                                

Highlight Passage (Context): …  John 11:38-44 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Lazarus is risen from death to life for all to see Christ’s power over death.                                

===============                                                                     .                  


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] …  

 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

… Jesus declares that following Him is the ONLY way to eternal life. 


Reference Passage: …  Romans 6:4 [ESV] …  

For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. 

… When we surrender our self to follow the Savior as our Lord we die to self and are made alive in Christ. .   


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] …  

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!  

… Paul teaches that anyone who is in Christ has become a new creation in/for Him.    


Reference Passage: …  Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …  

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

… Paul teaches truth about our old, sinful, life being crucified with Christ and the new life we live in and for His glory.  


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 2:4-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… Paul shows fellow Christians God’s mercy in providing a way, thru Christ’s death, that we find eternal life by our faith in Christ.  

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kimya Loder … AT THIS LINK tells of the testimony of a social media blogger who related his story of Christ intervening as he was about to commit suicide and giving him new life and purpose in following Jesus by creating an online ministry on YouTube.           


And the ODB author likened the blogger’s story to that of Christ raising Lazarus from the dead (see photo and highlight Scripture) to show the people of God’s power to save with the Lord’s power over death itself.  And as the reference Scriptures above attest, those of us who’ve experienced the Lord’s death-to-life salvation experience know of the transformation and newness experienced by God’s saving and sanctifying grace. 


Oh how I pray that anyone reading here has experienced God’s transforming life.  If not, I’m available at billb13@icloud.com to have the privilege to lead you to RISE UP and walk out of the grave of sin to an eternal life of service in/for Christ.              


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me out of my grave of sin to a transformed life in following You.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to rise up and walk out of the grave of sin to walk in the newness of life to follow You, Lord.   .… Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.