Monday, December 12, 2022

December 12, 2022 … Bells of Hope …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 346 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics of the group Casting Crowns singing … I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day< … poignantly singing the Longfellow poem about the hope of Christmas which rings in the hearts of those who trust in Christ’s saving grace. 



==============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 43:5 [NLT] …  

Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again - My Savior and my God.   

… The Psalmist declares that he puts His hope in our God in times of trial or trouble. (See also Psalm 42:11)                                                                          


Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalm 43 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… The Psalmist sings of the hope we have when we put our trust in God.                                     

===============                                                                     .                                                                                       

Reference Passage: … Isaiah 40:31 [NLT] … 

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.. 

  God, thru Isaiah, promises His strength to those who put their hope and trust in The LORD.        

Reference Passage: … Romans 15:13 [NLT] … 

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

  The Apostle Paul expresses his hope and prayer for all fellow Christians who put their trust in the LORD and the power we get from His Spirit.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 1:18-19 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  The Apostle Paul prays for fellow Christians to find the hope and strength that he had found by trusting in Christ, … the hope all true believers in Christ experience.


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 1:13 [NLT] … 

13 So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.. 

  Peter calls fellow Christians, especially those who are being persecuted, to prepare our minds and hearts for the hope we have in the second coming of Christ for His church.    ,

                                                                             

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder … AT THIS LINK   tells of the poem, written by Longfellow, entitled “I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day,” which is a poetic lament which evolves into a song of joy, expressing the hope we have in times of trouble thru our faith and trust in the Christ Child, … our Lord and Savior, Jesus.                     


My readers can hear a modern arrangement of that Longfellow poem in the linked song, performed by Casting Crowns; and I call on all my readers to meditate on the Scriptures above and take in the joy we can - AND WILL - have when we reflect on the hope we have by trusting in and following our Lord and Savior.  And oh how I pray, during this Advent season, that you all hold on to the hope we have in the second coming of Christ … maybe even today!!!           


My THANKFULNESS:.. Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for the joy You give to all of us who hold on to the hope of Your coming again to take Your Bride home to be with You.            

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to reflect on the hope we have that You may even come for us today, Lord.      Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. 

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen..!! Kjetil!