Saturday, December 24, 2022

December 24, 2022 … God’s Word = God’s Power …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 358 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group The Gettys singing  Speak O Lord … poignantly singing of how God shares the power of His grace with those who take in, believe, and follow God’s word. 



==============        

Highlight Passage… Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] …  

11 It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it ALWAYS produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.    

… God, thru Isaiah, declares the power of His word when it goes forth in His name and for His glory.                                                                            


Highlight Passage (Context): … Isaiah 55:6-13 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru the Prophet Isaiah, declares the LORD’s sovereignty over all including the power of His word to go forth to produce all His purposes.                                                                             

===============                                                                     .                                                                                       

Reference Passage: … Psalm 119 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… All of David’s poetic <b>Psalm 119</b> declares the power of God’s word in the lives of those who believed it and rely on its power.  Especially note <b><u>VERSE 105</b></u> which declares the power of God’s word to light our path in life.            


Reference Passage: … John 14:21 [NLT] … 

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.   

  Jesus declares to His disciples (and to us) that those who truly love the Lord will obey and follow His commands (i.e., His word) so that He can express His empower grace thru these believers.   


Reference Passage: … Romans 10:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  Paul shows, by quoting God’s word in Isaiah that not all who hear the Gospel will believe the truth of God’s word.  


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  Paul shows Timothy (and all Christians) that God’s word is inspired by God Himself and will transform all who follow it to enable them (us) to perform God’s good works.


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:12 [NLT] …  

 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.  

… God, thru the Author of Hebrew, declares and teaches truth about the power of God’s word.  

                                                                             

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon… AT THIS LINK   tells of the crew of Apollo 8 who were asked to say something “appropriate” by NASA when they were given the chance to give a message to the world during the first orbits of the moon.  And so Frank Borman, Jim Lovell, and Bill Anders chose to read portions from Genesis 1, … all feeling that God’s word on creation was certainly very “appropriate” for that moment in history.             


And really anytime those of us who believe, as do I, in the truth and power of God’s word, should find it “appropriate” anytime … to rely on, or invoke, God’s word because of its power coming directly from its eternal author, the Holy Spirit.  


And that’s why you find me beginning each day - right here - by pursuing, thru ODB devotionals, God truth. which has totally transformed my life over my 79 years.  And so I pray, for all who read with me here, taking in the linked song and the Scriptures I’ve shared above on this Christians Eve.    May I wish - along with God’s good new today, a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!             


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for the transforming grace of Your word. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to share God’s truth with someone today as we all celebrate the Your birth, Lord, as our Savior and King.      Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: