Thursday, December 22, 2022

December 22, 2022 … Sharing God’s Compassion …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 356 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing  His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly singing of how Lord compassionately provides His strength when we’re too weak to handle our circumstances.


A mother's comforting compassion ... 

==============        

Highlight Passage… 2Corinthians 1:3-4 [NLT] …  

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.    

… God provides us with His comfort so that we can offer it to others who need it.                                                                            

Highlight Passage (Context): … 2Corinthians 1:3-11 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

…Paul shows fellow Christian that our God provides us with His compassionate comfort so that we can do so to others                                                                                                                     

===============                                                                     .                                                                                       

Reference Passage: … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  King David sings of how our compassionate God bends down to hear the prayers of His people.


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

  God, thru Isiah, speaks comfort to His people when His Messiah will come to save His faithful and chosen ones … FOREVER!            


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] … 

Jesus (declares), “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

… Jesus comforts His disciples in their time of anxiety, after telling them that He would die on the cross.  


Reference Passage: … Romans 15:13 [NLT] …

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.. 

  The Apostle Paul prays for fellow Christians that they (we) will find the hope we have in Christ to share with others.


Reference Passage: … Philippians 2:3-5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Paul, calls on all Christians to be compassionate, like Christ, and to reach out to help others just as Christ does for us.    

                                                                            

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas… AT THIS LINK   tells of a mother compassionately comforting her daughter after her child fell from her bicycle (see photo), illustrating how our God gives us comfort in times of trial, and showing how we can do so for others.           


I don’t know about my fellow Christian readers; but over the years my Lord has been there so many times when I fell down or felt weak, lifting me up and providing me with His strength, … just as Steven Curtis Chapman sings in the linked song.  And I pray today that we look for opportunities to provide comfort to/for others who might need it.              


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your strength when I have needed it.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to look for opportunities, maybe even today, to reach out and comfort someone who might need Your empowering grace.     Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: