Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11, 2023 … Music - My Medicine …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023</u> - Day 70 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … Healer … poignantly singing of how God is our healer … all that we need in life.    


The healing power of music ... 


============        

Highlight Passage: … 1Samuel 16:23 [NLT] … 

23 And whenever the tormenting spirit from God troubled Saul, David would play the harp. Then Saul would feel better, and the tormenting spirit would go away..    

…King Saul called on David to play his lyre to calm Saul’s troubled soul.         


Highlight Passage (Context): … 1Samuel 16:14-23 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

…King Saul, when he was troubled, called on young David to play soothing music to calm his troubled soul.      .                     

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage : …  Psalm 149:1-3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… A Psalmist - in song - calls on God’s faithful to gather and sing praises to our God in song.  


Reference Passage: …  1Corinthians 14:15 [NLT] … 

15 Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit,[ and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand. 

… When the Apostle Paul was perplexed of spirit, he declares that he would sing to the Lord.


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 5:18-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow Christians to avoid using wine or drink to calm their (our) souls; but rather to make music and sing praises to the Lord. 


Reference Passage: …  Colossians 3:16 [NLT] … 

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.. 

… Paul exhorts and teaches fellow Christians to honor our Lord and quiet our hearts by singing joyful songs of praise to our Lord.                  .      


Reference Passage: …  James 5:13 [NLT] … 

13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 

… God, thru James, teaches of the healing power of prayer and song, bringing praises to the Lord.             

                                                                                                            

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg… AT THIS LINKTells of many people who have experienced the healing power of music (see photo) when they (we) were suffering or stressed in our lives.    .      


Perhaps some of my readers have experienced the same healing effects of lyrics and song which calm our souls, … just as they did for King Saul (see highlight passage) when Saul called on young David to play his lyre and sing psalms to soothe Saul’s troubled soul.  And if you’ve followed my blogging here, for years, I have linked my readers each day to a song which brings out musically what God has brought to me, thru His word, to share with others in my journaling from my quiet times with God.  .  


And I’m here - again today - to give witness to the reality and truth that music has been given to us by God to calm and heal our troubled minds/hearts … IF … we use it to honor God, who has given us this tool to soothe our lives … which so easily can become vexed in this troubled world.  So, if you are troubled or stressed, take in the healing song linked above and let God’s Spirit calm your soul today.                                           


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your soothing music to calm my heart again today.

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to find some calming music which You’ve given us, Lord, to soothe our troubled hearts… …  Amen                 


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: