Saturday, March 04, 2023

March 4, 2023 … Listening For God’s Voice …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 62 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Twila Paris singing … I Will Listen … poignantly singing of how we Christians must choose to surrender and listen for God’s voice leading us in life.


That lonely road of life ... 

============        

Highlight Passage: … 2Chronicles 35:22 [NLT] … 

22 But Josiah refused to listen to Neco, to whom God had indeed spoken, and he would not turn back. Instead, he disguised himself and led his army into battle on the plain of Megiddo..   

… Josiah refused to listen for God’s voice speaking thru his enemy and it cost Josiah his life.      


Highlight Passage (Context): … 2Chronicles 35:20-27 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

  King Josiah hears, but ignores, God’s voice and pays the ultimate price.                     

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …  Psalms 25:4-5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings his prayer of commitment to listen for and follow God’s voice.                    .         

Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Solomon shows that we can trust God’s voice lead us on the road to Glory.    


Reference Passage: …  John10:27 [NLT] … 

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.   

… Jesus, as our Good Shepherd, shows that His true disciples know and follow His voice. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 10:17 [NLT] …  

17 So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.…     

… Paul teaches truth that our faith comes from hearing and following God’s Gospel voive.      


Reference Passage: … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] …  

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.     

… Jesus shares with His church that He is constantly knocking at the door to the hearts of believers; but we must hear His knock and open the door.   .                                

                                                                             

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Karen Huang … AT THIS LINK tells of a young man driving to work on a lonely desert road (see photo), often ignoring the speed limits and being ticketed by the highway patrol on multiple occasions.      


And isn’t that the case for any/all Christians in life who refuse to hear God calling to us to follow His will and His ways.  But, … like King Josiah did in the highlight passage, … we so often forge ahead in life, ignoring God’s voice; and we pay the consequences of our sinful impatience and selfishness.  


That’s why I need to come here every morning and quietly begin my day, using God’s “GPS” (i.e, His word) to do my best to listen for my King Jesus, knocking on the door of my heart (as in Rev 3:20), letting Him come in and show me the way to go Home.   


Yes, … hat’s me, trying to hear my Good Shepherd’s voice.  Are you listening for Him today?                                       

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your still, small voice, Lord, speaking to me thru Your word again today.                         

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to listen for Your voice, Lord, . leading us down the lonely road of life. …   … Amen                 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK-on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen..!
Kjetil!