Thursday, March 09, 2023

March 9, 2023 … Lifted and Led By God’s Word …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 68 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing … Living Word … powerfully singing of how God’s word reshapes the lives and gives comfort to those who believe and follow it.       


Comforted by God's word ... 


============        

Highlight Passage: … Deuteronomy 6:6 [NLT] … 

<i>  And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today..   </i> 

…God commands His people to commit themselves [ourselves] to follow His commands … ALWAYS!        


Highlight Passage (Context): … Deuteronomy 6:4-9 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

…God, thru Moses, commands His people to follow an be comforted by His word of truth.   .       

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …  Psalms 119: 9-11, 105 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of his commitment to avoid sin and follow God’s lead by hiding His word deeply in his heart.               .


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] …

11   It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit.It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.  

… God, thru Isaiah, shows the power of Gd’s word to be fruitful when we follow it.  


Reference Passage: … John 14:21 [NLT] …  

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”    

… Jesus shows His disciples that the ones who believe and obey His commands (i.e., His word) are the ones who truly love the Lord and are uplifted by His leading presence.    


Reference Passage: …  2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul teaches Timothy (and us) the power for God’s word to reshape the lives of those who believe and follow its truth.   


Reference Passage: …  Hebrews 4:12 [NLT] … 

12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.  

… God, thru the Author of Hebrews, shows the power of Gd’s word to reshape the lives of those who follow it.         

                                                                                                            

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Karen Patton… AT THIS LINK   writes of a family being comforted by discovering Scripture passages written on the door frames of their home which was being restored after a horrible flood in Louisiana in 2016.  .      


And if my readers have taken in Jeremy Camp’s linked song; and you all believe, as I do, in God’s truth from His word above, … then we all are comforted by the reality that following God’s word gives us comfort in God’s promises and the power of God’s enabling grace to lead us in life with His truth.  


SO, … that’s why you find me here everyday, with the help of Our Daily Bread and God’s word, to begin my day by showering my mind and heart with God’s truth, … comforted by the reality of God’s word to lead me EVERY DAY of my life.   And I pray that all reading here with me find that same comfort and hope from Gold’s word as we live our lives, doing all we can to serve our Lord.                                            


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your word as Your “GPS,”  … leading me in the way I should go today … and tomorrow.

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to follow Your word, Lord, which shines Your light on our path every day. …  Amen                 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: