Tuesday, March 07, 2023

March 7, 2023 … Forgiven and Restored …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 66 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from David Crowder singing … Forgiven … poignantly and powerfully singing of how any and all who come, as sinners, repenting of their (our) sins ARE FORGIVEN - completely and eternally - by Christ.    



============        

Highlight Passage: … Luke 22:32 [NLT] … 

32 But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers.”    

… As Jesus did with Peter, God knows what’s in our hearts even before we betray Him; but He was there when Peter would return to His Savior in faith.        


Highlight Passage (Context): … Luke 22:31-34, 54-62 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

…Jesus predicts Peter’s betrayal and then Peter weeps in shame at his betrayal of his Lord.   .   

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …  Psalms 32 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of what it is like when a sinner, like himself, returns to and is accepted by God as David was after his sin with adultery and murder involving Bathsheba.             


Reference Passage: …  John 21:15-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus restores Peter and accepts his declaration of love three times after Jesus resurrection and return to His eleven remaining disciples.     


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] …  

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ.[ It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.   

… Paul shows fellow Christians (us too!) that when we die to self we can - and will  - live for and with our Lord forever.   


Reference Passage: … 1John 2:1 [NLT] …  

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. …     

… John shows Christians that when we sin - and we will !! - we have God’s Spirit as our advocate, pleading for us before the Father in Heaven.         

                                                                                                            

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Leslie Koh… AT THIS LINK  writes of a young man, named Raj, who fell away from following The Lord in sinful living. However, later, remembering how Jesus restored Peter after the Disciples rejection of Jesus (see the highlight passage as well as John 21:15-17), Raj repented and returned to follow and serve the Lord, having been completely forgiven for His sins and relieved of his shame.      


And I don’t know about my fellow readers; … BJT … that’s me!!  After many years of sinful living and rejection of what Crowder sings about in the linked song … and what the Scriptures above attest, … I returned to repent of my rejection of what Jesus did for me on the Cross.  And my Lord, … My Savior, … not only forgave me; but He gave me His word and His Spirit to follow Him as my Lord and Savior the rest of my life.  And I’m here to testify to my Lord’s invitation and His willingness to receive and restore any who’re willing to return to follow our Savior as Lord and Messiah.  


And so I pray that’s where you, my friend, are walking today.                                            


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for taking me back, Lord, to serve you with my life.                          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … returning in repentance to serve You, Lord, all of our lives. …  Amen                 


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen today too!
Kjetil