Monday, October 16, 2023

October 16, 2023… Never Alone …

October 16, 2023… Never Alone …    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … I Am Not Alone …  Poignantly singing of how God is ALWAYS with us as we walk thru this troubled world, trusting in His presence and power.  . 



============        

Highlight Passage: … Exodus 3:12 [NLT] … 

12 God answered (Moses), … I will be with you. …     

… God promises Moses to be with him …  ALWAYS !! …            

              

Highlight Passage (Context): … Exodus 3:10 - 4:5  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God calls a reluctant Moses to lead God’s people to freedom from the Egyptians.                    

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Solomon shows that mankind must trust God in ALL circumstances so that HE can lead us to avoid surprises we cannot foretell.     


Reference Passage: … Psalm 139:1-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of his confidence that God is ALWAYS with him - as He is with all who believe and trust in God’s presence and power.    


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:13 [NLT] … 

13 For I hold you by your right hand - I, the Lord, your God.  And I say to you, “Don’t be afraid, I am here to help you. … “   

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to always be with and strengthen those who believe in and follow the Lord   


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 29:11 [NLT] … 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

… God’s promise, thru Jeremiah, to give His faithful and chosen people a glorious future.


Reference Passage: …Matthew 29:18-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus promises to ALWAYS be with those whom He calls to share God’s good news of salvation with others.       

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson … AT THIS LINK …  tells of a young man in Africa, named Kizumbo, who pondered his life, and trying to write of his father, who lived thru two civill wars in their country, and wondering if he, Kizumbo,  had accomplished any significant for God and his father’s legacy, saying, "Who am I to try to do all this?”


And Kizumbo’s lament reminded the ODB author of Moses’ reluctance to follow God’s call to deliver His people from the Egyptians (see Highlight passage).  And many of us, I’m sure, share this feeling of inadequacy to follow God’s calling on all of us. as Christians <b>(see Matthew 28:19-20).   However, if you believe in God’s word as truth (as I do); and take in the truths shared in the Scriptures above and also in Kari Jobe’s song, linked above, we should all be confident that our Lord will NEVER leave us alone.   Can I sense a robust “PTL” in the reality of God’s promises to ALWAYS be with us.    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being with me, leading and lifting me up , … ALWAYS.                             

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to follow You, Lord, wherever You call us to go.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: