Wednesday, October 04, 2023

October 4, 2023 … Finding Life In Christ …

October 4, 2023 … Finding Life In Christ …   


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing In Christ Alone … Poignantly singing of how mankind can only find eternal life by believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … 1John 1:1  [NLT] … 

We proclaim to you the One who existed from the beginning, Whom we have heard and seen. We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own hands. He is the Word of life.  

…John’s testimony of finding eternal life only thru faith in Christ as the “Word of Life.”  

              

Highlight Passage (Context): … 1John 1:1-5  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God’s word proclaims the truth that we find eternal life only by believing in His finished work on the cross to save us from our sins.                                                                                              

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s word, thru Solomon, teaches that we must trust God with ALL our hearts and avoid trusting in our own feelings and perceptions. .    


Reference Passage: … John 1:12 [NLT] …  

12 But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God.  

… John teaches truth about accepting and giving life ONLY to those who believe and accept Christ as their (our) Messiah. 


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 

… The Apostle Paul taught that finding and follow Jesus as The Christ allows Christians to find a new life.                 .          


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20  [NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.  

…Paul testifies to fellow Christians that dying to self and believing in Christ as LORD gives him (and all Christians) new life.             


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 4:21-24  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul teaches fellow Christians the truth about putting off the old - sinful - self and putting on the new life in Christ.       

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Dave Brandon… AT THIS LINK …   tells of Brett, a young student who was attending a Christian college and about hearing a sermon which showed him that he had not truly surrendered his life to Christ; and once he did, his whole life changed to live for the Lord.  


And so, … what about you and me?  Do we truly live, having COMPLETELY surrendered our heart to CHRIST ALONE?   I’ll leave it to you to answer that question.  But, … as for me, … a little over 40 years ago when I gave my heart over to believe what Jesus did on the Cross to save ALL who truly believe in and follow Christ as LORD, my life changed completely;  and I now trust in Jesus as my Lord and Savior and testify here (as in Galatians 2:20) that I live for Him. 

 

My THANKFULNESS:: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for saving me from myself when I surrendered my will to follow You.                          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to do our best to live for You, Lord, … ALWAYS!    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Yes...amen!
Kjetil