Monday, October 23, 2023

October 23, 2023 … I Surrender My ALL …

October 23, 2023 … I Surrender My ALL    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...     Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Carrie Underwood singing …  I Surrender All …  Poignantly singing of how we Christians must surrender our selves to follow Jesus.



============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalms 37:5 [NLT] … 

<i>  Commit EVERYTHING you do to the LORD  Trust Him, and He will help you. </i>

  God’s promise, thru David’s song, of helping those who commit their (our) lives to Him.                        

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalms 37:1-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… King David sings of God giving His favor and grace to those who trust and surrender to the Lord.   

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, shows believers that our trust in God leads us to His way rather than failing when we take our own, selfish, way. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 16:24-25 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus exhorts His disciples (and us) to surrender themselves (ourselves) to follow Him  .. ALWAYS.  


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23  [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me.    

… Jesus demands surrendered lives to follow Him         


Reference Passage: … James 4:7 [NLT] … 

So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.   

… James teaches fellow Christians how to avoid Satan’s influence . but humbling ourselves to follow Christ.   


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7 [NLT] … 

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.   

… Peter teaches fellow Christians to give ALL our cares and worries over to God, Who cares for us 

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Marvin Williams  AT THIS LINK …  tells of Jonathan Roomie, the actor who played Jesus in the TV Series, The Chosen, who was down and out, with no money,, no job prospects, and almost no food, when he confesses that He went to God in prayer saying, “I surrender; … I surrender!!”   And later that day the actor found three checks in the mail to cover his needs; and three months later, he was hired to play Jesus in the TV Series. 


So, … if you’ve taken in this ODB entry and the link song, as well ass meditated on the Scriptures above, perhaps you’re asking yourself, … as I do today, … Am I really fully surrendered to trust in and follow Jesus all the way His is leading us to His glory?  If not, perhaps we all need to surrender our all to follow our Lord today … and tomorrow!  

   

My THANKFULNESS:... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me to give my all to You, Lord.                                      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to surrender our will to follow You, Lord.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note::  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: