Tuesday, October 17, 2023

October 17, 2023 … My Anchor Holds …    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Ray Bolz singing … The Anchor Holds …  Poignantly singing of how our anchor of faith always holds because it is affixed to the Rock of Ages, … our Lord and Savior, Who gives all, who have faith in Him, the hope of heaven. . 


My anchor ALWAYS holds !!! 

============        

Highlight Passage: … Hebrews 6:19 [NLT] … 

19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.     

… The faith we have in Christ’s finished work on the cross gives us an eternal anchor of hope, providing entrance into God’s Holy of Holies.            

              

Highlight Passage (Context): … Hebrews 6:16-20  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru the Author of Hebrews, promises an anchor of hope for believers.                             

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …Psalms 39:7 [NLT] … 

And so, where do I put my hope?  My only hope is in You. 

… King David declares in song that his ONLY HOPE was in his faith in The Lord.   


Reference Passage: … Psalm 62:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of his anchor of faith being affixed to His “Rock,” … His Lord, Who will never be shaken   


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK

… Solomon shows that trusting God in ALL circumstances gives believers an anchor of hope and a direction finder for life.     


Reference Passage: … Galatians 5:5  [NLT] … 

But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us. 

… The Apostle Paul encourages fellow Christians hold onto the hope we have, from God’s Spirit, in our God’s promises.  .


Reference Passage … Hebrews 11:1  [NLT] … 

Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; and it is the evidence of things we cannot see.  

… God promises that our faith in Him is the reality we hope for.      

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Karen Huang … AT THIS LINK …  tells of a Sunday School teacher showing his class of 6th graders a picture of homeless people sleeping in cardboard tents and asking them what these people need.  Some said “food,” others “a place to be safe,” and one said, ”Hope!”


And isn’t that what we all need, … placing our anchor of hope in Jesus.   ABSOLUTELY!!!  .. And taking in the linked song and the Scriptures above, I KNOW that I have affixed my anchor of hope to the Rock of Ages; and I KNOW that He, my Lord and Savior, Jesus, will ALWAYS be my eternal rock of hope, …  Who will bring me thru the storms of life. Is your hope deeply anchored in Christ?  Oh, how I pray it is?  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being the Rock on which I place my anchor of hope.                               

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to affix our anchor of hope in You, Lord..   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: