Friday, March 13, 2009

2009 – Day 71.Mar. 13 – Soul Brothers

2009 – Day 71.Mar. 13 – Soul Brothers

Passage of the Day: Exodus 4: 27 – 28 …
27 And the LORD said to Aaron, “Go into the wilderness to meet Moses.” So he went and met him on the mountain of God, and kissed him. 28 So Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which He had commanded him.

My Journal for Today: Do you have a “soul brother?” God knew that the task ahead of Moses would be a lonely one; and so the Lord prepared Moses’ blood brother, Aaron, the Levite, to go down to Moses and hear the younger brother’s wild tale of the burning bush and all the commands which Moses would have to level against Pharaoh. And Aaron, sent by God, listened to Moses; and then he told him that Moses could count on Aaron to be there in the tough times ahead.

Do you have an “Aaron” in your life? I do. Well, he’s not my blood brother; but he’s definitely my “soul brother.” He hears me anytime I need a listening ear; and he stands with me any time I need a “brother” to stand with me. When I’m weak, he’s there to lift me up. When I’m strong, my “brother” keeps me grounded in truth and humility. He’s my “soul brother.”

This is not going to be a long-winded journal entry. But what I say here is important if you don’t have a brother like an Aaron in your life … a true soul brother. And if you don’t, Swindoll in his devotional, and I here, challenge you to go to the same God who led Moses back to Egypt to free his people, … the same God who would stand before Pharaoh, … the same God who would part the seas to deliver His people, … and the same God who sent Aaron to Moses to stand with him; … go to our God and ask Him to send you a real “soul brother” go be there for you in the tough times of life just as Aaron was for Moses.

And right here and now I thank our God for sending me such a brother …

My Prayer for Today: Lord, he came to me when you sent him to me; and “… he ain’t heavy, … he’s my brother! “ Amen

No comments: