Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19, 2014 … A Firm Foundation

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 292

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see/hear a video of Michael Card singing the classic hymn, What A Friend We Have In Jesus, strongly declaring the reality of building our lives on the strong and firm foundation of God’s word and the mighty Son, Jesus!!


Highlight Passage: Matthew 7: 24-25 [NKJV} …
  24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. …” 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Matthew 7: 24-29 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  Jesus taught it … we should live it! …

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 11: 3 [NKJV]
  3 If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? 

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 10: 25 [NKJV]
  25  When the whirlwind passes by, the wicked is no more, … but the righteous has an everlasting foundation. 

Reference Passage #3 … Luke 6: 47-49 — GO TO THIS LINK   … Luke’s account of today’s highlight passage in the Sermon on the Mount

Reference Passage #4 … 1st Corinthians 3: 9-17 — GO TO THIS LINK  … Paull taught about Christians being God’s temple which must first be built on the solid Rock of Christ

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Marion Stroud, brought an encouraging reminder to me today. It was encouraging to me because, through the image I sought out, the song, sung by Michael Card, to which I’ve linked my readers today, and the Scriptures which bubbled to the surface of my study today, I realized that I am here in this place today - and you’ll find me here in God’s word daily - to build an every stronger foundation for my relationship with Christ, … Who is my Cornerstone and His word the foundation of my life.

 So, if you’ve taken in the attached photo and listened to the linked hymn and meditated upon the Scriptures linked and copied here today, I don’t need to add any punch lines of motivation, do I? It’s all clear that all Christians need to do diligence to building God’s temple, … i.e., our bodies, minds, and spirits … on the solid rock of our Lord and His word.

 I leave it to you to build your faith temple today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … It’s on You that I build my life. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: