Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 22, 2014 … No Where To Hide

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 295

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see/hear a video with a group of children singing one of the simplest, but most profound, songs about our Lord, Jesus Loves Me. Go to the link and sing along with the chorus. … “Yes, Jesus loves me … ” And aren’t you grateful !!! 


Highlight Passage: 1st Chronicles 28: 9 [NKJV} …
  9 “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever. … “ 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: 1st Chronicles 28: 6-10 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK David charges his son, Solomon, to build God’s Temple …

Reference Passage #1 … Deuteronomy 6: 1-5 — GO TO THIS LINK   … Declared by Jesus to be God’s greatest commandment - meditate on verse 5!!

Reference Passage #2 … Psalm 139: 7-12 — GO TO THIS LINK   … No where to go to hide from God’s love, mercy, and grace.

Reference Passage #3 … Romans 8: 38-39 — GO TO THIS LINK  … Nothing can separate us from the love of God … except our own free will

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by David Roper, related a story of a friend of his who had descended into the darkness of dementia. Yet, in rare moments of lucidity, in a nursing care facility, he would try to introduce anyone around him, in that moment of clarity, to his friend, Jesus.

 There are times when we feel totally inept to witness our faith in Christ to others, either because of their conscious rejection or, as with David Roper’s friend, when such a one does not seem to have the mental facility to grasp God’s love. But we can take heart that when we can’t be the agent of breakthrough from darkness to light, … God can!

 I love the simplicity of the song to which I link readers today. It’s children singing the old hymn, Jesus Loves Me; and God’s love is so simple a little child can grasp it. And even when we can’t seem to break through the intellectual logic of an atheist or to be able to penetrate the consciousness of one in a coma or in the darkness of dementia, we need to rest in the truth of the scriptures to which I link readers above.

 So, if you have a loved-one or a friend whom you think is running from Jesus or maybe is engulfed in a fog of dementia or coma, keep praying. My wife and I witnessed her mother being saved by God’s Spirit when she couldn’t hold on to a thought for more than a few seconds, deeply engulfed in the darkness of dementia. I have dear loved ones who don’t seem to want to hear about Christ. But I take heart, knowing that there’s no where my loved ones can hide from my Lord. And there’s nothing which can separate them from God’s love.

 So, I’ll just keep praying for God to shine His light into their hearts and bring them from the darkness of death into the light of eternal life.

"Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … Bring Your light into the hearts of my loved ones who are lost in the darkness of self today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: