Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26, 2014 … Sing Our Praises

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 299

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see/hear the group Hillsong, leading in worship, singing Sing to The Lord. declaring the plea of the psalmist in Psalm 98 to sing as the angels do - “Holy is our God!!” …. We are to lift our voice in music and song, shouting for joy and singing our praises to God … “Great is our God!!”


Highlight Passage - NKJV Psalm 98: 4
  4 Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises. 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Psalms 98 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  Sing a new song to the Lord !! …

Reference Passage #1… Psalms 13:6; 28:7; 89:1; 96:1-2; and 104: 33-34 — GO TO THIS LINK    … Psalms of singing praises to God for Who He is and what He has done for us

Reference Passage #2… Colossians 3: 1-17 [note verse 16] — GO TO THIS LINK -  … Paul exhorts believers to praise God, not only in word or deed, but by singing of God’s grace

Reference Passage #3 … Hebrews 2: 11-12 [NKJV] - The Author of Hebrews - inspired to praise God from the Psalms …
  11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying: “I will declare Your name to My brethren; … In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.” [Ps. 22: 22] 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Dennis Fisher, wrote of something that is near and dear to my heart on the subject of worshipping our Lord. Fisher reminded me of how often, certainly in the Old Testament - but also the New - the Authors of Scripture made reference to believers SINGING their praises to God as well as with spoken words or actions.

 Most certainly the entire book of Psalms in the Bible is a song book of praises to God and declarations of worship. And many of the authors of various books of the Bible were psalmists, … Moses, David, Job, and many others, who wrote songs, the lyrics of which, are recorded in the Old Testament. But Paul and the Author of Hebrews declares in their letters how important it was for Christians to worship God in song, even with the accompaniment of instruments.

 Certainly today, musical praises to God have become an entire industry with song writers and contemporary Christian singers raising their songs and voices of praise to our God. And as you know, if you’ve followed my journaling here, every day I find a song, or sometimes two, which illustrate the subject matter of my blogging; and prayerfully praise God by helping me and my readers to be in a mind-set of worship to God.

 For over 35 years I was on the faculty of the Department of Neurology and the University of Tennessee for the Health Sciences; and I know from study that the brain is either activated or pacified by music with meaningful lyrics. The lyrics are interpreted by the left side of the brain and the music (i.e., rhythms and melodies) activate the right brain. So, when we hear a meaningful lyric, accompanied by a pleasing melody with instruments, our entire brain is either activated or pacified by the song being sung. That’s why I try to have a song to bring my readers here to a state of full-brain awareness before the reader might read what I’m writing.

 So, if you’re reading with me daily here, expect your brain to be turned on by some praise worthy song or songs each day. And may we, who love or Lord, sing to Him every day with our songs of praise and worship.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … I worship You with song and music every day!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: