Wednesday, October 08, 2014

October 8, 2014 … Impatiently Waiting

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 281

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see/hear a video of Laura Story singing one of my favorites of hers - Blessings, declaring the truth of how we Christians so often pray for God’s mercies; but we either are not willing to wait on God or we don’t recognize His “blessings” when they come our way.


Highlight Passage: Psalm 62: 1, … 5 [NKJV} …
1 Truly my soul silently waits for God; … From Him comes my salvation. ... 
5 My soul, waits silently for God alone, … For my expectation is from Him. 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Psalm 62: 1-8 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  David sings of waiting silently and patiently on God

Reference Passage #1 - NKJV: Psalm 37: 7-9 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK  Rest and wait patiently !!! … Well, at least try!!

Reference Passage #2 - NKJV: Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK Good advice from Solomon to his son and all believers
 
Reference Passage #3: Job 35: 14 … [NKJV]
  14 Although you say you do not see Him, … Yet justice is before Him, and you must wait for Him.

Reference Passage #4: Philippians 3: 20… [NKJV]
  20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, … 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by C.P. Hia, reminded me today of a common Christian conundrum; and that is learning, through discipleship, to wait on God. As Laura Story sings, in the song to which I’ve linked readers today, we often even have trouble recognizing God’s blessings in the here-and-now anyway; let alone to wait for them??? That waiting business is often way tough for those of us who now have gourmet tastes and live in a McDonalds culture.

 We want - and too often EXPECT - things to come to us faster, FASTER, and EVEN FASTER!!. And unfortunately this attitude carries over into our expectations from our relationship with God and our prayer life. Common; be honest! … We want it NOW from God, don’t we? But very, VERY often God has a timetable which is not to our liking or expectations; and He will have us waiting, many times for months, if not years, for HIS timing and HIS will to transpire. And then when He moves or provides, as Laura Story sings in her song, we often don’t even recognize God’s blessings when they come our way.

 My wife often contends that in my basket of Spirit-given fruit [see Galatians 5: 22-23], the fruit of “patience” is the most unripened of God’s fruit in my life. And she’s right! So, today I’m duly convicted to let God’s timing be HIS, rather than me trying to impose my timed expectations on my Lord.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … Your will be done … In Your time! Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: