Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18, 2015 … Open My Eyes, Lord

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 18

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Michael W Smith leading an audience in worship, singing … Open The Eyes of Heart, Lord, … reminding all Christians the need to know the One Who created the wonder of who we are and can become in His Name.

Lateral View of the Human Eye

Highlight Passage Psalm 139: 14 [NKJV] …
  14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. 
… David’s desire to know the One Who created the wonder who was himself.
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 139: 7-16 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… David declares in song the wonder of how we were made by God
============

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Bill Crowder, quotes from a scientific website about the wondrous reality of the human eye, … quoting, … “If you were standing atop a mountain surveying a larger-than-usual patch of the planet, you could perceive bright lights hundreds of miles distant. On a dark night, you could even see a candle flame flickering up to 30 miles (48 km) away.” 

And yet, those of us with good vision, … even corrected vision, … do so take God’s created human eye for granted, don’t we?

 Well, King David didn’t take his created self for granted as he wrote the great Psalm, which we number as Psalm 139, where, in verse 14, he wrote, with a grateful heart, I will praise You (LORD) for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; … marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.” David wanted to recognize the greatness and the wonder of the One Who had created all that he was; and he wrote about that pursuit in the highlight Psalm today (see the link above).

 And from today’s ODB devotional, authored by Bill Crowder, I realized that I must not take even the creation of my sight … my eyes … for granted; and so, this morning, I praise my God for giving me sight that allows me to read, study, and meditate on the glorious creation of His word, … which helps me to know my Lord more intimately, … which helps me to love Him more abidingly, … which helps me to serve Him more diligently.

 So, with the vision my God has given me, I seek this morning to know my Lord more today than yesterday; … and I will do so even more tomorrow when you come back here to read what He has written for me to study … so that I might know my Creator God more intimately than every before.

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … I’m so thankful for the sight which allows me to pursue knowing You more intimately today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: