Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 22, 2015 … Hearts Exploding Love

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 22

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Jackie DeShannon singing the 1960s classic … What The World Needs Now Is Love, … reminding us all of what Jesus said to His disciples.


Highlight Passage John 13: 34-35 [NKJV] …
  34 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” 
============
Highlight Context - John 13: 31-35 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… The “New Commandment” from the Son of God …
============

Reference Passage #1: John 3: 16 [NKJV] … 
… You know this one, I’m sure … Jesus’ description of the extent of God’s love

Reference Passage #2: Acts 1: 8 [NKJV] … 
8 “… But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
 … Jesus, as He ascended into heaven, with His command for disciples to take His love through witness to the world …

Reference Passage #3: 1st John 2: 3-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …  
… John teaches how the one who walks as Jesus walked, in love, is a true disciple of Christ. …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Jennifer Schuldt, illustrated the point of her teaching today with a story from Katie Davis’ book, Kisses from Katie, where during a stint as a missionary in Uganda, Ms Davis adopted a young Ugandan girl. And one day the little adopted African girl asked Davis, “Mommy, if I let Jesus come into my heart, will my heart explode?” Well, Katie’s first thought was to say “NO;” but she rethought; and then used the answer to teach her new daughter how, when we surrender to Christ, our hearts are changed and they do, in a sense, explode with the love of God.

 I remember the late Pastor Adrian Rogers from here in Memphis, TN, once teaching that when we allow our hearts to be filled by the love of God, … and when we’re given the opportunity, …our hearts will overflow with love into the lives of others. And isn’t that so needed in our love-starved world today, as the song linked from the old 1960s classic above, What the World Needs Now Is Love?

So, ... as you read what I’m writing today, and especially from God’s Scriptures referenced above, perhaps you are challenged or convicted, as am I, to desire to let our hearts explode with God’s love, letting others feel, from our witness, the love God has poured into our hearts.

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … let Your love bubble forth from my heart, expressing all that love You have give to me, so that others may feel it from me. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: