Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 25, 2015 … Searching In Solitude

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 25

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of an anonymous chorus singing the old hymn… Near To The Heart of God, … a prayer in song for disciples to pursue the most intimate of relationships with God.


Highlight Passage:  Mark 6: 31a [NKJV] …
  31 And He said to them, “Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.” …
============
Highlight Context - Mark 6: 30-32 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Jesus and His concern for the well-being of His Disciples [i.e., you and me too!]… 
============

Reference Passage #1: Deuteronomy 31: 6 [NKJV] … 
6 “… Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” 
… God to His people about to enter the Promised Land …

Reference Passage #2: Psalm 4: 8 [NKJV] … 
8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; … For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Reference Passage #3: Isaiah 26: 3 [NKJV] … 
3 You (Lord) will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
… The Prophet declares from Whom our peace comes - from trusting in God …

Reference Passage #4: Matthew 11: 28-30 [NKJV] … 
28 “… Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” … 
 … Again, Jesus, becomes the answer to our plea for help or rest. …

Reference Passage #5: 1st Peter 5: 7 [NKJV] … 
7 … Casting all your cares on Him because He cares for you. … 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by David Roper, reminded his Christian readers (me) of a discipline of the faith which promotes our pursuit of Christlikeness … but it’s a discipline which is difficult to utilize in this fast-paced world; and that is SOLITUDE (see attached photo and the song linked above).

 In our modern world of informational over-load and selfish pursuits, one has to work, does he/she not, to find a place/time on a daily basis where we can get alone in a quiet place with no cell phones, no demanding noises, … just a place to be alone with God, … a place where we can take time to let our Lord permeate our minds/hearts.

 If you go through the truth of the Scriptures, linked/copied above, … several of them repeated from my blog yesterday, … one has to see that our Lord desires that we get in a quiet place so that we can bring our cares to Him without being bombarded by the noise or information from the world.

 Fellow Christian, do you have such a quiet place and a special time - ON A DAILY BASIS - to be alone with God, putting thoughts about Him and taking your cares to Him? That’s where I am right now as I write this.

 It’s MY QUIET TIME … where I come EVERY DAY [!!!] to be alone with MY GOD.

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … I pray that any reading with me here today will start their day with You and seek the healing of solitude. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: