Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 24, 2015 … Crying Out For Help

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 24 

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link … Please take the time to take in a video of Han Zeck singing the poignant songHear My Cry, Oh Lord, … a prayer in song for God’s mercy


Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 30: 19 [NKJV] …
  19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem; … You shall weep no more. He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry; … When He hears it, He will answer you. 
============
Highlight Context - Isaiah 30: 15-22 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… GOD, through Isaiah, proclaims His mercy to those who wait on Him …
============

Reference Passage #1: Deuteronomy 31: 6 [NKJV] … 
6 “… Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” 
… God to His people about to enter the Promised Land …

Reference Passage #2: Isaiah 26: 3 [NKJV] … 
3 You (Lord) will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trust in You. 
… The Prophet declares from Whom our peace comes - from trusting in God …

Reference Passage #3: Lamentations 3: 22-23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s promise of the never failing, DAILY, nature of His mercy to those who call on Him

Reference Passage #4: Matthew 11: 28-30 [NKJV] … 
28 “… Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
 … Jesus, becomes the answer to our plea for help or rest. …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Joe Stowell, uses a cute personal story to illustrate his ODB truth for today. He writes …
  When my grandchildren were young, my son took them to see the stage production of The Lion King. … As the young lion, Simba, stood over his father, King Mufasa, who had been killed by his evil uncle, little Simba, afraid and alone, cried out, “Help, Help, Help!” … At that moment, my 3-year-old grandson stood on his chair in the hushed theater and shouted, “Why doesn’t somebody help him?!” 

If you’ve see the Disney classic, The Lion King, that scene where young Simba discovers his father, King Mufasa, is dead is one of the saddest in Disney lore. And one is wrenched in empathy for young Simba (see attached photo). When we experience a deep loss, perhaps the unexpected death of a loved one, we want to cry out for help, don’t we? And that is what God desires from His children, reaffirmed over and over in Scripture.

 And I hope all who read here have taken in all the references from God’s word above about how we can come to our Lord, even in the deepest chasm of loss in our lives, and cry out to Him for his love and mercy and grace. Like young Simba, I’ve been there; and my God was (and always will be) there for me.

 Go back and meditate on the truth of Deuteronomy 31: 6; and then if any reading here need God’s mercy or grace, cry out for them to our Lord.

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … You have been, are, and every will be with me when I cry out for You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: