Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015 … The Creative Hand of God

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 27

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of a description, by Cosmos News of the pulsar nebulae which has created the image captured by NASA which they have titled … The Hand of God, … which certainly causes those of Christian faith to be uplifted by fascinating image reminding believers of the God’s creative presence in the Cosmos … Then USING THIS LINK  any reader can hear the lovely song, Creation Calls, sung by Brian Doerksen, which reminds Christians how God’s creation calls us to believe and see how great is majesty of our God 


Highlight Passage Psalm 63: 8 [NKJV] …
  8  My soul follows close behind You; … Your right hand upholds me. 
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 63: 1-8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… King David declares his praise of God glory and strength to hold him up in trials … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 19: 1 [NKJV] … 
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; … And the firmament shows His handiwork. 

Reference Passage #2: Isaiah 41: 10 [NKJV] … 
20 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 

Reference Passage #3: Romans 1: 18-20 [NKJV] … 
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, … 
… God, through Paul, says no excuses for those who claim there is no God … His glory is declared in His creation …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Dennis Fisher, uses a wondrous discovery by NASA, a photo of a spinning nebulae in the heavens, which has created an image which NASA has dubbed, fittingly, “The Hand of God.” It is a series of photos from a special Xray telescope which has the appearance of a vast hand encompassing a face crowned gloriously by what appears to be a crown of thorns.

 What is it? Why is it? … Who knows!! But “The Hand of God” image, I believe, is confirmation for Christian believers of the vast creative nature of God and the glory He can display anytime and in any way He sees fit. And as I took in the NASA images (see attached photo), as well as the linked song by Brian Doerksen, God’s glory and majesty was reinforced for me; and I remembered many times where God has given me glimpses of His glory from His creation to lift me up or surround me with His love.

 And so, during my meditation today, spurred by the Our Daily Bread entry this morning, a memory verse from God’s word bubbled up into my consciousness, … Isaiah 41: 10, copied above. And I pray today that all who read here are uplifted by God’s display of His glory in His creation; and we’re all spurred to believe more strongly than ever in the reality of our Lord's glory.

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … You lift me up with Your mighty right hand.. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: