Wednesday, January 07, 2015

January 7, 2015 … “Here I Am, Lord”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 7

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Daniel O’Donnell singing the poignant song, Here I Am Lord, … proclaiming the surrender of one life in service to God and others.


Highlight Passage #1 Galatians 6: 10 [NKJV] … 
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. 
============
Highlight Context - Galatians 6: 1-10 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Paul exhorts Christians to surrender in the service of the Lord and others
============

Reference Passage #1 - Isaiah, Chapter 6 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Isaiah called to serve God as a Prophet

Reference Passage #2 - Mark 10: 41-45 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Jesus teaches about the slave/servant who is last will be first in God’s kingdom

Reference Passage #2 - Ephesians 4: 1-3 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Paul saw himself as a prisoner to His Lord, Jesus, … an attitude which should be shared by all born-again Christians to be able to walk in a worthy manner to our calling as “Christians”

Reference Passage #4 - Philippians 2: 1-11 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Paul’s instruction to Christians as to striving to surrender to Christlikeness and to become like the Master - a servant.
See especially Phil. 2: 3-4
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Dennis Fisher, presented some strong and convicting teaching about servanthood in Christ; and if any reader here has seen the attached photo, listened to the song to which I linked readers, and taken in the highlight and reference Scriptures, linked and copied above, I think the message to any Christian following here is straight forward.

 Jesus was the personification of total surrender (i.e., even slavery) to His Father’s will; and that is His calling for all who’ve come to Him in surrender of our will to His. Isaiah, when he was called to be a Prophet of God, surrendered, saying, “Here I am, Lord, send me!” (see Isaiah 6 linked above). And this should be our attitude to our LORD and Savior, Jesus.

 My dear ones, Jesus is “KING JESUS;” to any/all who’ve received His saving grace! And all who are surrendered to His Lordship should be surrendered to His will and His ways, shouldn’t we not be? The question from today’s ODB entry … at least for me, is … ”Do I have the attitude of Isaiah or that of the post-resurrection Disciples [see Reference passages above?”]; In other words, am I a prisoner of Christ as Paul referred to himself (see Ephesians 4: 1-3); or have I humbled myself to pursue Christlikeness as modeled by our Lord, Himself (see the Phil. 2 passage, … also linked above)?

 Personally, I need to be seeking more of the “Here I am, Lord” attitude sung about by Daniel O’Donnell (linked above). And as I move further in 2015, that will be my pursuit.

My Prayer for Today Lord, … Here I am, Lord. Help me to be more like YOU today than yesterday, … and even more tomorrow than today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: