Friday, September 18, 2015

September 18, 2015:  2 AM Friends

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 260

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Steve Green singing the song, Find Us Faithful, … declaring the hope that we can be as faithful to others, perhaps praying for them, as Jesus is faithful and prays for us.


Highlight Passage:   Colossians 4: 12 [NKJV]  … 
12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a bondservant of Christ, greets you, always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. 
…  Now there’s a prayer warrior.
============
Highlight Context – Colossians 4: 2-15 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  How wonderful to have loyal prayer partners who respond in prayer anytime/anywhere. 
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 18: 24 [NKJV] … 
24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. 
…  If we desire to have “2am friends,” we must be one to them.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, writes A friend told me about a group of people who share a strong bond of faith in Christ. One of them, a 93-year-old woman, said, “I feel like I can call any of you at 2 a.m., and I don’t even have to apologize if I feel the need for any type of assistance.” Whether the need is prayer, practical help, or someone to be there during a time of need, these friends are unconditionally committed to each other. 

Do you have 2am friends? These would be friends who would be there to help or pray with you even if you called at 2am (see attached photo) needing assistance. I am blessed to have such friends, … several in fact; … and I pray that I’m a friend to them as Epaphras was to his Colossian brothers/sisters [see the highlight passage above].

 So, let’s do all we can to be a 2am friend to someone and pray they will be for us.

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … No matter what, I know that You are a 2am (or anytime) Friend for me.  … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: