Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September 30, 2015:  Finding the Light

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 272

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of an anonymous group singing… Let Your Light Shine in the Darkness, … praying in song for Christ to shine His Light into the darkness of this world.


Highlight Passage:   Jonah 2: 1-2, 7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
…  Sometimes it takes the darkness to be able to find the Light.
============ 
Highlight Context – Jonah 2: 1-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  From the darkness of the belly of a big fish, Jonah prays for God’s light to give him life
============      

Reference Passage #1 - John 1: 4-5 [NKJV] … 
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 
… Jesus is always our light in the darkness of life.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, teaches that often we have to be led into the darkness of life to seek out and find the Light of Christ.

 That was certainly the case for the Prophet, Jonah, wasn’t it? He rebelled and disobeyed God; and so to re-find THE WAY, God led him into a shipwreck and then into the belly of a big fish so that this rebellious prophet would then seek and be able to find God’s light burning within.

 Is anyone, besides myself, in a place where we need to see more of God’s Light in our life? Author

Schuldt, in today’s ODB entry, quotes from a classic Puritan prayer, entitled, “The Valley of Vision.” … Schuldt writes: ”Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision . . . ; hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory.” Aware of his wrongs, the man still has hope. He continues, “Stars can be seen from the deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine.” Finally, the poem ends with a request: “Let me find Thy light in my darkness, . . . Thy glory in my valley.”

 Is that your prayer today? … It sure is mine.

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … as I pray almost every day, shine Your light so brightly on my path that I can’t help but see it and follow it toward Your glory.  … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: