Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015:  Alive With Hope

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 263

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Gordon Mote singing the song, Don’t Let Me Miss the Glory, … declaring how we should live this life God has given us … to live and love for God’s glory. [Don’t miss this one!!!] 



Highlight Passage:   Ecclesiastes 9: 4 [NKJV]  … 
14 But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, … 
…  All who live have hope … especially those in Christ
============
Highlight Context – Ecclesiastes 9: 4-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Life is a gift and we must use it for God’s glory … while we have it.
============     

Reference Passage #1 - John 6: 47 [NKJV] … 
47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 
…  Yes, in Christ, we will have eternal life; but in this temporal life, we need to live it for the Lord.

Reference Passage #2 - Romans 12: 1-2 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
…  The gift of life should be lived as a living sacrifice to our Lord.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, relates a very personal story to illustrate her devotional entry. Schuldt writes … When I first began working in the small office I now rent, the only inhabitants were a few mopey flies. Several of them had gone the way of all flesh, and their bodies littered the floor and windowsills. I disposed of all but one, which I left in plain sight. That fly carcass reminded me to live each day well. Death is an excellent reminder of life, and life is a gift. 

That’s an interesting way to remind one of what Solomon wrote in his reflections on life in the book of Ecclesiastes (see highlight passage linked above). Life is a gift; and, as Solomon reflected, we need to use it for the purpose God gave life to us - to glorify Him. Yes, believing in Christ gives me eternal life (see John 6: 47); but we have this temporal gift of living as well; and we should use it for His purposes and for His glory.

 Yes … TODAY!!!

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … Help me - lead me - to live for Your glory today.  … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: