Tuesday, September 08, 2015

September 8, 2015:  Surrender Power …

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 250  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to once again take in a video of Steven Curtis Chapman singing his song, His Strength Is Perfect, … having written these lyrics to show that we only find God’s strength to carry on in life when we surrender to receive His perfect, empowering, grace.


Highlight Passage:   Joshua 5: 13-14 [NKJV]  … 
13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?” … 14 So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” 
… Our hope, being in Christ, will always prevail … even in death.
============ 
Highlight Context – Joshua 5:13-6-2 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Joshua learned from Jesus, as the Commander of God’s Army, to follow Him in all things. 
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Joshua 1: 8 … 
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 
… God instructs Joshua, in leading His people into the promised land, to stay in God’s word and follow His way to be successful in what might lay ahead.

Reference Passage #2 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...
… I hope any reader here knows this, by heart, and lives in its truth - EVERYDAY - for every decision in life.

Reference Passage #3 - Isaiah 41: 10 [NKJV] … 
10 Fear not, for I am with you; … be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, … yes, I will help you, … I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 
… Following and surrendering to God allows the Lord to lift us up with His mighty hand.

Reference Passage #4 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … 
23 If any one would come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. 
… And following Christ is all we need to know - and do!

Reference Passage #5 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 9-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… Paul learned from Jesus that we can only be strong in God’s grace when we surrender COMPLETELY to His mighty power.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, as her teaching illustration today, used the story of Joshua being charged to surrender to His Lord and let God lead his people into battle against all comers in the promised land; and as Ochoa illustrated in Joshua, Chapter 5, Joshua learned from Jesus Himself, as the Commander of God’s army, that all of God’s power would be his … if, as God had taught Joshua earlier in Joshua 1: 8, Joshua would simply follow God’s commands and surrender to the Lord’s mighty power.

 That’s what Steven Curtis Chapman wrote about and sings in the song linked above. It’s what is illustrated in the attached picture and all of the reference scriptures above. When we come to a fork in the road, we must seek God’s leading and follow Him in surrender to HIS will. Because then, and only then, can we expect God’s strength and purpose to be ours.

 And that’s why you find me here - EVERYDAY - starting each day by getting into God’s word, praying that God will show me HIS way and HIS will through HIS word. To me all I’m doing is follow God’s commands given to Joshua and all of those in His army. And I know that by being in God’s word today … and all days… my Lord will give me His direction in life.

 Common soldier, as Paul said to Christians in 1 Cor. 11: 1, “you can follow me”… because I’m surrendered to my Lord and I’m following Him today.

 Common, let’s go!

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … I glean Your power and direction when I follow Your way. Show me, Lord; and I will follow You.  … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: