Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September 23, 2015:  The “BESTEST” Love

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 265  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Steven Curtis Chapman singing his song, written for the love of his life, … his wife, … I Will Be Here, … declaring the love of a man for his dearest … picturing the love which the Bridegroom, Jesus, has for the love of His life, … The Bride in the Church … And then ON TO THIS LINK for an anonymous praise group singing, Oh, How He Loves You and Me


Highlight Passage:   1st John 4: 19[NKJV]  … 19 We love Him because He first loved us. 
…  His love was/is perfect!!
============ 
Highlight Context – Song of Songs 1: 1-4 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Our Bridegroom’s love for His Bride is the deepest love of all.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - John 3: 16 [NKJV] … {I’m sure you know this one; … so revel in the depth of God’s love for you today!} 
…  God’s love is the“bestest” love of all.

Reference Passage #2 - 1st Corinthians 13: 4-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
…  This is real love ... God's love.  

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, relates a very personal observation to illustrate his devotional entry. She writes … “He’s perfect for you,” my friend told me. She was talking about a guy she had just met. She described his kind eyes, his kind smile, and his kind heart. When I met him I had to agree. Today he’s my husband, and no wonder I love him!

And then, referring to the highlight Scripture passage from Song of Solomon, Ochoa adds: In the Song of Solomon the bride describes her lover. His love is better than wine and more fragrant than ointments. His name is sweeter than anything in this world. So she concludes that it’s no wonder he is loved. 

Today, if one (maybe you) takes in the attached photo, the linked songs, and the Scriptures provided above, I really don’t think I have to write very much today, do I? … Today’s entry is all about LOVE (see the passage from 1st Cor. 13 above), which is the “bestest love of all” when seen in God’s love for you and me … in that He gave His Son, Jesus, to die in perfect love for us. And we, His Church, are His bride; and in the love He has for us, He’s going to come again - maybe today! - to get His Bride to be with Him for eternity.

 Is there any love greater than that? … So, how can we show our love for our Bridegroom today?

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … Thank You for Your love.  … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: