Thursday, July 13, 2017

July 13, 2017 … He Knows ME!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 194 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Brian Doerksen singing … Creation Calls … poignantly singing of how God’s creation calls us to realize just how much He loves His crowning creations … mankind!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 139:1-2 [NLT] … 
1 O Lord, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. 2 You know when I sit down and stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. 
… To think that the God of all creation knows EVERYTHING about me.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 139:1-18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David, in a down moment, writes/sings of just how much God cares for His children of creation.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 19:1 [NLT] … 
1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display His craftsmanship. 
… Look around and see His glory!!

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Matthew 10:28-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The God Who created all … knows all; … and yes, even knows every hair on my head.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … John 3:16 [NLT] … 
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 
… This is how much God loves me (and you)!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Sheridan Voysey, emphasized the vastness of our universe (see photo) to illustrate just how much God loves His crowning creation - me and you. The ODB author wrote: The universe is astonishingly grand. Right now the moon is spinning around us at nearly 2,300 miles an hour. Our Earth is spinning around the sun at 66,000 miles an hour. Our sun is one of 200 billion other stars and trillions more planets in our galaxy, and that galaxy is just one of 100 billion others hurtling through space. ... Astounding! 
In comparison to this vast cosmos, our little Earth is no bigger than a pebble, and our individual lives no greater than a grain of sand. Yet according to Scripture, the God of the galaxies attends to each microscopic one of us in intimate detail. 

I pray today that I - no, … that WE ALL - can internalize the reality of what Ms Voysey is teaching in today’s ODB entry. Because, I admit that the vastness of God’s love for me (or for you) tends to escape me, … especially in the context of His entire creation (take in the linked song and the photo). 

Can you grasp it as you look into the sky on a clear night? … The very God who created all of that, not only knows every hair on my head (Matt. 10:28-30); but He loves them all (John 3:16); and He loves me (and you) enough that He gave up His Son for us.

Do I sense my readers here - along with me - proclaiming a loud and thankful HALLELUJAH?!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … in the vastness of Your creation I praise Your Holy Name for loving me. Again, … HALLELUJAH!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: