Thursday, July 27, 2017

July 27, 2017 … Always With Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 208 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Michael Card singing … Immanuel … poignantly singing of the love we, in Christ, have always in His Spirit. Immanuel … God with us … ALWAYS!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 14:23 [NLT] … 
23 Jesus replied, “All who love Me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and We will come and make Our home with each of them. 
… Jesus resides in my heart ALWAYS!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 14:15-26 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus promises the presence/power of the Holy Spirit residing in the hearts of believers. 
==============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, with me always, … showing me the way.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Romans 8:31b [NLT] … 
31 … If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 
… But do we live as though Jesus is with us ALWAYS?

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Hebrews 13:5b [NLT] … 
24 For God has said, … “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” [Deut. 31:6] 
… But do we live as though Jesus is with us ALWAYS?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Anne Cetas, told a story to illustrate how God resides in us, never leaving or forsaking us. The ODB author wrote: The elderly woman in the nursing home didn’t speak to anyone or request anything. It seemed she merely existed, rocking in her creaky old chair. She didn’t have many visitors, so one young nurse would often go into her room on her breaks. Without asking the woman questions to try to get her to talk, she simply pulled up another chair and rocked with her. After several months, the elderly woman said to her, “Thank you for rocking with me.” She was grateful for the companionship. 

When Jesus was about to go to the cross, He promised His inner 12 that He would be with them, even when they felt abandoned, by sending the Holy Spirit to reside in their hearts [see highlight passage]. But they didn’t get it, … not until after the resurrection and His ascension into heaven.

God promises born-again Christians the same Holy Spirit to be our companion, guide, and advocate and to NEVER leave our hearts or forsake our walk on this earth [see Deut. 31:6, 8 and Hebrews 13:5]; … but only if we believe it and surrender to that truth [Prov. 3:5-6].

The questions are … do we get it? Do we believe it? And do we live it? … Because, as the Apostle Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit in his heart wrote (Rom. 8:31b, … "If God is in us, who can be against us." 

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … O LORD, … I know that You are with me, … in my heart. And as the old woman in today’s ODB, You rock with me … ALWAYS! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: