Thursday, July 20, 2017

July 20, 2017 … Our Time Is Now …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 201 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Andy Williams singing … A Time For Us … poignantly singing of the reality of God’s wish for His family … an eternal time with him … FOREVER … “a world of shining hope for you and me.”


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Ecclesiastes 3:1 [NLT] … 
1  There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. 
… And that time is now!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Ecclesiastes, shows that there is a time for us, which is now; and a time for His glory as well.
==============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : …Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … 
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. 
… When our here-and-now always trust our Lord, He will guide our paths toward Him.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
… No matter what our season, our God is there to lift us up.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Hebrews 13:5 [NLT] … 
5 … God has said, … “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 
… Quoting from Deut. 31:6, 8, the author of Hebrews declares the reality of our God never forsaking those in His family.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, reflected on Solomon’s words about the realities of life now, and in eternity. The ODB author wrote: While flying recently, I watched a mother and her children a few rows ahead of me. While the toddler played contentedly, the mother gazed into the eyes of her newborn [see photo], smiling at him and stroking his cheek. He stared back with a wide-eyed wonderment. I enjoyed the moment with a touch of wistfulness, thinking of my own children at that age and the season that has passed me by. 
I reflected, however, about King Solomon’s words in the book of Ecclesiastes about “every activity under the heavens” (3:1). 

Yes, Solomon, the supposed author of Ecclesiastes, reflects on the reality of our lives, which hold so many moments in time like the one described above … and others not so loving or peaceful.  But they are all moments which are taking us, as part of the family of God, to the forever time in eternity when we will be with our Lord.

But as Solomon declares, in the highlight passage, … NOW is the time we have to live with/for God on this earth; and we need to know and remember that our God is always going to be there to lift us up and to guide us toward the hope of glory (see reference passages above).

So, let’s live it … with Him and for Him!!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … You are leading me home today and all days, living for You glory. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: