Saturday, July 15, 2017

July 15, 2017 … Being Prepared

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 196 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing their song … Dear Younger Me … poignantly singing reflections of a Christians as we learn to deal with our past and use it to allow us to live life for God’s glory.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1st Samuel 17:37 [NLT] … 
37 The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!” … Saul finally consented. “All right, go ahead,” he said. “And may the Lord be with you!” 
… David had no fear of Goliath because of his days fighting off beasts as a shepherd. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1st Samuel 17:8, 32-37, 48-50 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… David was prepared to fight Goliath because He had been prepared by God to fell the giant by his days of felling bears/lions as a shepherd.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT]  ... USE THIS LINK
… Solomon learned from His father, David, about trusting God’s lead in life.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are [the] called according to His purpose for them. 
… Through our youth, God works for our good to prepare us for later life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Julie Schwab, used an interesting modern-day illustration to teach on God’s preparation of His children for future battles in life. The ODB author wrote: I worked at a fast-food restaurant for over two years in high school. Some aspects of the job were difficult. Customers verbalized their anger while I apologized for the unwanted slice of cheese on the sandwich I didn’t make. Soon after I left, I applied for a computer job at my university. The employers were more interested in my fast-food experience than my computer skills. They wanted to know that I knew how to deal with people. My experience in unpleasant circumstances prepared me for a better job! 

Young people dealing with complaining customers with a smile in the fast food industry [see photo] will prepare them for dealing with problem people later in life. King David had learned to deal with beasts as a young shepherd boy; so, when he was confronted with Goliath, his faith in God was well tested and he was ready to face the giant [see highlight passages]. And his son Solomon learned that lesson as he taught his boy (in Prov. 3:5-6) to trust in God’s lead in life … ALWAYS!

Even the Apostle Paul taught Christians that ALL THINGS we encounter in life were for our good in preparing us to live out our lives for God’s glory [see Romans 8:28]. Our question today is: … Do we believe these truths; and do we live life knowing that all that has come before has prepared us for what is not and what it is to come?

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … You have prepared me for all that I will deal with today! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: