Saturday, July 29, 2017

July 29, 2017 … Direct Connection

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 210 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of Jim Rice of the group, Brush Arbor, singing his song live … Hello God … poignantly singing of of a prayer from a seeker/believer directly to His God.

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 12:23b [NLT] … 
23 … You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. … 
… Do we really understand our glorious access to God Himself … anytime/anywhere!! 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 12:18-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, telling us that we can come directly to Him anytime/anywhere to connect with His glory. 
==============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Exodus 26:31-33 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Under the Old Covenant and Mosaic Law, God’s people had to come to the Holy of Holies once a year to bring their petitions and concerns. BUT … it's not now, 24/7, for us Christians!

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We need not worry, but bring any concern to our Lord anytime/anywhere to receive His peace.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Hebrews 10:19-20 [NLT] … 
19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. 20 By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. 
… Jesus opened the way for His family to come directly to Him.

Reference Passage #4 [NKJV] : … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 
… For saved Christians, Jesus wants us to open the door, thru prayer, and let Him in to fellowship with us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Leslie Koh, teaches on the privilege we have in/by Christ to bring our concerns directly to Him with a privileged 24/7 connection [see photo]. The ODB author wrote: Even though it was just a replica, the tabernacle set up in southern Israel was awe-inspiring. Built life-size and as close as possible to the specifications laid out in Exodus 25–27 (without actual gold and acacia wood, of course), it stood tall in the Negev desert. … 
 Today, you and I can come straight to God with confidence, knowing that Jesus’s sacrifice has torn down the barrier between us and God (Heb. 12:22–23). Each of us can talk to God any time we want, and hear from Him directly when we read His Word. We enjoy a direct access that the Israelites could only dream of. May we never take it for granted and cherish this awesome privilege of coming to the Father as His beloved children every day. 

My friends, I was years into my saved life with Christ before, in faith, I came to the realization that anytime/anywhere, when He died on the cross, my Lord gave me direct access to Him thru prayer and His living word. And now that’s why you see me starting each day by coming to this quiet place to get away from the demands and confusion of the world to be with My Lord/Savior in prayer and meditation on His word. And then during anyway, I can come to Him (and I do!!) with my praise or concerns or pleas.

Anytime! Anywhere! For anything!! 

But I’m concerned that many Christians [hopefully not you!] don’t understand and grasp the truth of this wondrous privilege Christ has given us. That we no longer have to wait and once a year, as did the Old Covenant believers, bring our petitions to the Priest, who would then would take them into the Holy Of Holies in the Tabernacle or the Temple to let our concerns be known to God (see Exod. 26:31-33).

So brothers/sisters in Christ … go to Him now … or anytime … and let your requests be know to our God. He’s given us a direct connection … 24/7; … let’s use it!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … O LORD, … I come to you often … each day; … and I’m so thankful to have this direct line. What a privilege!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: