Wednesday, July 26, 2017

July 25, 2017 … Life - Our Teacher

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 206 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group 4HIM singing … The Basics of Life … poignantly singing of our desire as Christians to get back to the basics of Godly living, life’s teaching which we can pass along in faith to our progeny as our legacy.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 37:25 [NLT] … 
25 Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread. 
…Passing the baton of wisdom along to the next generation of believers.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 37:1-6, 23-27 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David, later in his life, passing along God’s wisdom to others so that they can avoid the pitfalls he encountered in life.
==============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Joshua 1:8 [NLT] … 
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 
… God’s word is our GPS, … our guide to success in life.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Solomon, passing along to his son, the wisdom he had gleaned from God.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 
23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow Me. … 
…A command from Jesus which must be passed along to those who come after us.

Reference Passage #4 [NKJV] : … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 
… Life is God’s teacher as He weaves ALL THINGS together for our good as Christians.

Reference Passage #5 [NKJV] : … 1st Corinthians 11:1 [NLT] … 
1  And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.
… Paul, desiring that others follow his lead because he knew he was following Christ.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David C McCasland, uses the lessons King David learned from his life in Psalm 37 to pass the baton of his experience to later believers. The ODB author wrote: John F. Burns spent forty years covering world events for The New York Times. In an article written after his retirement in 2015, Burns recalled the words of a close friend and fellow journalist who was dying of cancer. “Never forget,” his colleague said, “It’s not how far you’ve traveled; it’s what you’ve brought back.” 
Psalm 37 could be considered David’s list of what he “brought back” from his journey of life, from shepherd to soldier and king. The psalm is a series of couplets contrasting the wicked with the righteous, and affirming those who trust the Lord. 

If anyone reads this, … I’m 73 years old as I journal here; and I've been a Christian for 34 years. I certainly hope and pray that I have, I can, and I will pass along what God's Spirit has taught me in all these years, onward to my loved ones and fellow Christians, … maybe you.

So, as the linked song exhorts, it's “BACK TO THE BASICS OF LIFE” which I have learned from God's word each day; and also from living my life, so that I can pass the baton of my experience to any who might come here to read what God gives me to share so that others might avoid the pitfalls of life.

So, I pray that you might grow today from God's truth [see Scriptures above] and from this small portion of my experience. And my friend, I'll be back here tomorrow to share more with you from God’s truth and my life.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … O LORD, … help me to pass along Your basics of life to those who come after me. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: