Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19, 2017 … Mighty Is He! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 200 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from the magnificent Iguazu Falls in South America … A Video sequence of the Falls … showing the majesty of God’s creation to realize that He is so much mightier than the power of these falls.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 93:4 [NLT] … 
4  But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, … mightier than the breakers on the shore - the Lord above is mightier than these! 
… Yes He is!!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 93 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist honors the mighty power of our God.
==============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Acts 1:8a [NLT] … 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. … 
… But do we realize the extent of this power, which is the same power Who created the world and raised our Savior from the dead, … more powerful than all the waterfalls collectively in the world (see photo/video).

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Ephesians 3:20 [NLT] … 
20 Now all glory to God, Who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 
… We so underestimate God’s power in us.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … 1st John 4:4b [NLT] … 
4 … the Spirit [i.e, God's Power] Who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 
… God’s Spirit in our hearts, as Christians, is so far greater than we imagine it to be.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, C.P. Hia, used a waterfall picture of the power of God to help us realize the power we have in us, which we so often underestimate. The ODB author wrote: Iguazu Falls, on the border of Brazil and Argentina, is a spectacular waterfall system of 275 falls along 2.7 km (1.67 miles) of the Iguazu River. Etched on a wall on the Brazilian side of the Falls are the words of Psalm 93:4, “Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty!” (rsv). Below it are these words, “God is always greater than all of our troubles.” 

But do we really believe that truth? … I think not! … At least I, in my weak faith, so underestimate the power of God in me.

To think [and really believe], as I see the attached photo and linked video of Iguazu Falls, I too often don’t get it [!]; … that the power God has implanted in my heart [see Acts 1:8] is the same power which, when God spoke, the world was created; … and it’s the same power which raised our Savior from the dead. And that power is wondrously more powerful - IN ME - than, not only Iguazu Falls, but all of power generated by all of the waterfalls on earth.

As the Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 3:20, God’s power in me is far greater than I can think or imagine it to be; and most certainly, as the Apostle asserted in 1st John 4:4, God’s power in me is far greater than he (Satan) who is in the world using his power against me and mankind.

Oh, … when will I believe it? … When will I get it? … When will I live it?!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Work thru my weak faith to help me see Your power in me and to use if for Your glory. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: