Tuesday, April 10, 2018

April 10, 2018 … Prayer Power

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 100 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics of Twila Paris and Dennis Jernigan singing his song … On My Knees … poignantly singing of where we need to go when we don’t have the answers for life’s questions … on our knees in prayer.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Mark 9:23b [NLT] … 23b “Anything is possible if a person believes.” 
… Jesus rebukes the unbelief of those who didn’t think it possible for Him to heal the demon possessed boy.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Mark 9:14-29 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
 … Jesus shows the people the power of believing prayer.
=============

Reference Passage : … John 15:5 [NLT] … 7 “… But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!”
… When we bring our requests to God with a believing and abiding heart, He will grant our desires.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 5:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … Paul gives us God’s prescription for worry.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xhochitl Dixon, used a very personal story to illustrate where we, as Christians, need to go when we don’t have the answers for life. … The ODB author wrote: My friend called me late one night during her cancer treatment. Grieved by her uncontrollable sobs, I soon added my own tears and a silent prayer. What am I supposed to do, Lord? 
Her wails squeezed my heart. I couldn’t stop her pain, fix her situation, or find one intelligible word of encouragement. But I knew who could help. As I wept with my friend, stumbling through a prayer, I whispered repeatedly, “Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.” Her cries quieted to sniffs and whimpers, until her breathing slowed. Her husband’s voice startled me. “She’s asleep,” he said. “We’ll call tomorrow.” 
I hung up, weeping prayers into my pillow. 

Fellow Christian, have you ever been in a situation where you felt totally out of control, … where you had no answers for the circumstances of life? Of course we have! We’ve all worn that t-shirt of distress at times, haven’t we? So, where does one go in moments like that. Well, do we get a clue from the ODB story above or from Dennis Jernigan’s song, linked above, … or even more from the highlight Scripture passage from Mark 9?

Jesus flat out tells us in that passage and in John 15:7 … that if we come to Him, in abiding, surrendered belief in Him, He will pour His empowering grace into our prayers. So, … I think that’s a pretty clear exhortation where I need to go with my concerns today. As the Apostle Paul taught [see Phil. 4:6-7], I need - ALWAYS - to take my worries and concerns to my Lord in prayer.

How about you, … do you need to be on your knees today?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving me Your empowering grace when I humbly come to You in distress.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I’m here, Lord, with my cares, knowing that You’ll take them for me. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: