Sunday, April 15, 2018

April 15, 2018 … Sing Our Praises

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 105 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics of the Maranatha Singers singing … I Love Your Lord … poignantly singing of how must worship our Lord in song from joyous hearts which love our God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 98:1a [NLT] … 1 Sing a new song to the Lord, for He has done wonderful deeds! … 
… God desires that we sing His praises … if not with a melodious voice, at least with a sincere heart. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 96:1, 98:1, 104:33 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist capture our need to lift up praises to our Lord in song.
=============

Reference Passage : … Colossians 3:15-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to sing their praises to the Lord.

Reference Passage : … James 5:13 [NLT] … 13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 
… We Christians to pray or sing praises at all times … whether we feel pain or joy.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Kirsten Holmberg, used a personal story about how we can sing praises to the Lord with a joyful heart even if we are not talented singers. … The ODB author wrote: When I was thirteen, my school required students to take four exploratory courses, including home economics, art, choir, and woodworking. On my first day in choir [see photo], the instructor called each student to the piano individually to hear their voices and place them in the room according to their vocal range. During my turn at the piano, I sang the notes she played multiple times, but wasn’t directed to a section in the room. Instead, after repeated tries, she sent me to the counseling office to find a different class to take. From that moment on, I felt I shouldn’t sing at all, that my voice shouldn’t be heard in song. 
I carried that thought with me for more than a decade until I read Psalm 98 as a young adult. The writer opens with an invitation to “sing to the Lord” (Psalm 98:1). The reason offered has nothing to do with the quality of our voices; He delights in all His children’s songs of thanksgiving and praise. Instead, we are invited to sing because God “has done marvelous things” (v. 1). 

There may be some among my fellow readers here who’ve been gifted/talented with great singing voices. Most of us have not. However, in today’s highlight and reference passages, God’s authors and psalmists charge US ALL to sing our praises to a God Who has done wondrous things and has blessed all of His children … even if it’s with the challenges of life which draw us closer to our God. 

So, join me this morning with whatever voice we’ve been given; and if nothing else, take a moment to listen and sing along with today’s linked song.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving us a voice to lift to You in praise.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … As I join to worship You with my brothers and sisters in Christ on this Sabbath day, let us sing our praises to You in song … with united and joy-filled hearts. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: