Monday, April 02, 2018

April 2, 2018 … Grace Humbly Given

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 92 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Laura Story singing her song … Grace Abounds … poignantly singing of how our grace given to others only reflects the amazing grace given to us by our Lord


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 53:3 [NLT] … 3 But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. 4 Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. 
… Jesus: On giving to/for others …
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 6:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus on how we should give to others …
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 22:9 [NLT] … 9 Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor. 
… Solomon reflects on God’s blessing to those who are generous in helping others in need.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 58:6-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Isiah, on how we as God followers should give ourselves for others.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, instructs Christians on reflecting God’s good and perfect gift to us when we give to others.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Monica Brands, uses a personal story of being helped by someone who desired no recognition. … The ODB author wrote: When I first graduated from college, I found myself needing to adopt a strict grocery budget—twenty-five dollars a week, to be exact. One day, while entering the checkout line, I suspected the groceries I’d selected cost slightly more than my remaining money. “Just stop when we reach twenty dollars,” I told the cashier, and I was able to purchase everything I’d selected but a bag of peppers. 
As I was about to drive home, a man stopped by my car. “Here’s your peppers, ma’am,” he said, handing the bag to me. Before I had time to thank him, he was already walking away. 

And that, my fellow Christians, is how God’s word, and more specifically our Lord, teaches that we should give to help others, … i.e., quietly and humbly, not seeking any personal recognition, … just as Jesus bestowed His grace on us, … freely, quietly, and generously.

In the linked song above, Laura Story sings song about this kind of grace, given so freely to us from our Lord. And when you’ve heard the song and meditated on God’s word above, perhaps you’ll reflect today, as I did, on whether we are giving to reflect God’s love, which He has so humbly and generously provided for us.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your love and grace so freely given to me.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … May I reflect Your gifts to me by giving to others anytime You give me the opportunity. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: